Hacking My 3ds XL in 11.15 does not work it is bricked

Cruz8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello My 3ds is in 11.15 and it is bricked and I tried to replace the boot.firm and boot.3dsx and nothing happens always a black screen that does not light up and the blue LED. Is there a solution to fix this when the console is in 11.15? I've seen a lot of videos saying that it's the same process to fix a console in 11.14, unfortunately it doesn't work for me (I haven't done Backup NAND but I will when it's fixed if in case it bricks again) So do you have any solutions for 11.15 without Backup NAND please? Have a good day !

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What did u done that u think its bricked?
What happens when u restore the priveous firm and 3dsx files?
What happens if u start the 3ds without sd? comes there an error screen?
And yes, can u boot in gm9 by holding start at boot?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to replace the boot.firm and boot.3dsx and nothing happens always a black screen that does not light up and the blue LED.
So is the (blue) power led stays on when you first power the 3ds? or does it fade away after 1~3 seconds later?
Can you boot into the recovery mode with the button combo (holding A+R+L+Up(DPad) on boot)?
Can you access either Luma3DS menu when holding "select" on boot, or GodMode9 when holding "start" on boot?

Cruz8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I have access to the Luma3ds and gm9 menu and the blue LED stays on all the time as long as the console is not turned off and turning on the console without the card does the same thing (black screen and blue LED)

Cruz8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Le voyant d'alimentation (bleu) reste-t-il allumé lorsque vous allumez la 3ds pour la première fois ? ou s'estompe-t-il après 1 à 3 secondes plus tard ?
Pouvez-vous démarrer en mode de récupération avec la combinaison de boutons (maintenant A + R + L + Up (DPad) on boot)?
Can you access either Luma3DS menu when holding "select" on boot, or GodMode9 when holding "start" on boot?
I can root the 3ds with A+R+L+UP(With D-PAD)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I have access to the Luma3ds
See if you have "disable Arm11 exception handlers" enabled, uncheck it if it is, click "start" and see if it shows an Arm11 error.
I can root the 3ds with A+R+L+UP(With D-PAD)
Try updating the system from there, even if it's already on latest firmware.

- I would suggest testing the sdcard with h2testw, to make sure it's not faulty or defective. Do so with the "read & write" setting.
- Obviously, backup your data before proceeding.
- Format the sd card as Fat32 32kb cluster size before and after the test.
Then post the result here.

Cruz8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With h2testw it doesn't work, Is there a way to delete the console without accessing its menu and if ever there is no way is it possible to contact the creator of Luma3DS for me to explain the situation to him or to bring him to this post thank you in advance

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do you mean in detail with h2test doesnt work? Did u try restoring the card like mentioned befor?
Did u try updating from the mentioned menu?

If it would be a that easy to restore the initial system. We would already had mentioned it....
And resetting to factory settings would not help you, it would just unlink the NNID and remove all your installed applications. If you can't get to the home menu you would see no difference.

So the last chance would be the mentioned CTR-Nand transfer with Decrypt9/Godemode9.

I dont know what the others would say. But its is like for every stuff that u buy somwhere. This malfunction (your brick) is a result of misusing, doing something wrong with the 3ds and the cfw. If there would be a bug, Error or other malfunction it would be possible to contact them. But not in this case.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Sypherone,

Cruz8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to download the file "Old 3ds: European Version 11.15 and nothing happens i actually have qBtorrent and nothing happens or can get it from somewhere else or not or download it for me and put it as an attachment

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use webtor.io and copy the magnetlink in there for online download. I tryed and works, there are enough peers online.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With h2testw it doesn't work,
What "doesn't work"? What was the result of the test?
You shouldn't skip this step as it's necessary to know if your sd card is defective, for all we know it could be the source of your problem.
Using a defective sd card will only bring you more problems..
And i strongly advise against doing a CTRTransfer with a defective sd card, specially the type d9 one.
Is there a way to delete the console without accessing its menu
You mean a system format? Again, you're focusing on the wrong solutions...
and if ever there is no way is it possible to contact the creator of Luma3DS for me to explain the situation to him or to bring him to this post thank you in advance
It's NOT a Luma3DS issue, so let's just get that out of the way.
I tried to download the file "Old 3ds: European Version 11.15 and nothing happens i actually have qBtorrent and nothing happens or can get it from somewhere else or not or download it for me and put it as an attachment
What happens when you click on the magnet link? a pop-up should appear with your qBittorent client asking you to click ok, so it can start the download. Click on its settings and make your client the default launcher for Torrents, that should fix it.
Or do you mean the torrent has low or no seeds?

Reactions: Sypherone

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd have to post on github if it were a luma problem. if you don't have an account, I could post it for you. last time I asked him something from someone on temp, he answered pretty quickly.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd have to post on github if it were a luma problem. if you don't have an account, I could post it for you. last time I asked him something from someone on temp, he answered pretty quickly.
I doubt it's a Luma problem.. It's way too early to reach that conclusion..

Reactions: godreborn

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He is running to fast. He even dont know if its a luma problem. Only because we cant provide him a easy 1,2,3 solution he thinks the Luma Creator does. He is on the wrong way.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.