Music Rip queries

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by muguk, Jun 17, 2010.

1. muguk
    OP

muguk Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2010
    Warrington, Cheshire. UK
    OK, to save over-crowding my introduction thread, I've created this one. I want to learn this stuff so answers on a postcard please [​IMG]

#1: FIFA '06. SDAT file is 13.2 MB which, according to VGMTrans only contains the one single WAV file. When I extract it as an original SWAV file .. it's 271KB. What's the other 11.99MB for?

If I extract the set as individual .WAV files (which are built up inside the archive), I get 14 files, of which the largest is 0.5MB and, in total, they come to 1.05MB.

Where's the emoticon for scratching my head [​IMG]

#2: Some SDAT files won't drag n drop into VGMTrans at all. The screen just sits there as if you'd done nothing at all. Is it thinking hard or just ignoring me?

#3: Is there a tool, like VGMTrans, but will extract all the individual .MID files and convert the sound-bank associated with each tune into a renamed .DLS file .. or is that just me being lazy and not wanting to extract, for example, the 100+ tunes inside your generic Final Fantasy / Pokemon game?

*edit* latest VGMTrans I was given in my introductory post has a extract feature now which extracts the MID and associated .DLS and renames them to the same filename. So that's a step forward.

#4: What's the correct .DLL file (version number) to prevent VGMTrans crashing all the time?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice