Music Rip queries

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by muguk, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010

Music Rip queries by muguk at 11:26 PM (672 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. muguk
    OP

Newcomer muguk Member

United Kingdom
    OK, to save over-crowding my introduction thread, I've created this one. I want to learn this stuff so answers on a postcard please [​IMG]

#1: FIFA '06. SDAT file is 13.2 MB which, according to VGMTrans only contains the one single WAV file. When I extract it as an original SWAV file .. it's 271KB. What's the other 11.99MB for?

If I extract the set as individual .WAV files (which are built up inside the archive), I get 14 files, of which the largest is 0.5MB and, in total, they come to 1.05MB.

Where's the emoticon for scratching my head [​IMG]

#2: Some SDAT files won't drag n drop into VGMTrans at all. The screen just sits there as if you'd done nothing at all. Is it thinking hard or just ignoring me?

#3: Is there a tool, like VGMTrans, but will extract all the individual .MID files and convert the sound-bank associated with each tune into a renamed .DLS file .. or is that just me being lazy and not wanting to extract, for example, the 100+ tunes inside your generic Final Fantasy / Pokemon game?

*edit* latest VGMTrans I was given in my introductory post has a extract feature now which extracts the MID and associated .DLS and renames them to the same filename. So that's a step forward.

#4: What's the correct .DLL file (version number) to prevent VGMTrans crashing all the time?