Multiple Wii U Packages at Launch?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Yuki Amano, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Yuki Amano
    OP

Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    My 3DS
    [​IMG]

According to Nintendo France executive Stephan Bole, Nintendo is considering releasing multiple models of the Wii U at launch for people who didn't previously own Wii. They will include the Wii-mote controller. So you can get one for your mum and one for you.

2. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    In other words they are considering selling selling two packages. One with and one w/o the wii-mote/nunchuck. Possibly making a version w/o backward-compatibility

3. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    I find the title to be misleading. I think they plan to release different packages options for customers for those that owned a wii and those that did not.

5 people like this.
  4. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Yeah, a bit of a misleading title, no?

If they're gonna package the console with an additional controller, that's not a new model. Just a different package.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yuki Amano
    OP

Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    My 3DS
    Sorry. :sleep: I'll talk to the mods.

6. AceWarhead

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    You made me get excited...

7. ChaosAngel

ChaosAngel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Connecticut
    I suppose I'll just keep hoping for the Black WiiU w/ Nintendoland.

3 people like this.
  8. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    please don't say they are not going to sell the black wii u at launch, i missed out last time, i don't want to miss out again, people who hve a wii already will have more than enough controllers, hell i have 3 wii remote plus controllers, i don't need anymore.

9. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I'd just sell a Wiimote for a discounted price along it. Making an entirely new package doesn't make any commercial sense - as the packages including a Wiimote might go quickly unsold if the price difference is notable ($20+ more), and if it's not, then they should include it in the basic package, thus making just a single one and that's it.

10. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    I'm somehow angry because just a few days before the Nintedo direct I purchased a beautiful, shiny black Classic controller pro.
    I held on as much as I could to my white CC, but then at the end , knowing that the CCpro was gonna work on the Wii U anyway, I purchased it anyway, planning on using it with the Wii U......then they announced the new wireless CC for Wii U.....I hope games are going to support the CCpro anyway for a long time, but then I already know what I'll purchase next......
    Then I hope to be able to get a black Wii U and place it above/below of my white Wii, make it a nice black and white sandwich next to my TV.

11. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    I'm hoping for a package that includes the Wii U Pro controller. If not, I'm hoping the CC Pro is supported the same way.

12. gamefan5

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Hahahaha.
    Wii U 'Casual' Package: Comes with WII U Gamepad, a wiimote and Nintendo Land. XD
    Wii U 'Core' Package: Comes with WII U gamepad, a wiiU Controller pro and Mass Effect 3. XD

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    No self respecting Mass Effect fan would buy Mass Effect 3 for a Wii U. It's a complete joke.

Do Asscreed or something instead, but ME3 for the Wii U is just laughably stupid as a concept.

14. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    Pretty cool idea, wonder if it will be discounted in anyway, or just mashed together with the illusion of being cheaper

Also, anyone who buys Mass Effect 3 for Wii U needs to be slapped, repeatedly and painfully.

15. gamefan5

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Hey. It's just a concept. I didn't mean anything by it. XD

16. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    What if one package includes a Wii remote and nunchuck, and the other includes a Wii U Pro?

17. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    ftfy

18. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I could see that working. I would like for the package to include a discount coupon to use later for the one(s) not included in the package. But I doubt nintendo would do that though.

19. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    That sounds great. I already own a Wii, so I don't want to buy the Wiimote, Wii MotionPlus and Nunchuk again that I already paid quite a lot for. This stuff easily costs 50 euros in the average store; if I can save that kind of money when buying a Wii U or get a new controller instead of it I'd be happy.

20. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Classic Guild. Now there's a Guild I remember. ^_^