Multiple firmware on one sd card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bennyheartless, Aug 17, 2010.

1. bennyheartless
    OP

bennyheartless Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    NY
    Is it possible to have firmware for both the m3i zero and a dstwo on one sd card without conflicts? I am waiting for a second sd card to come in the mail but my dstwo just came in the mail today. Rather than have to reformat and everything when the new sd card comes, I was wondering if I could just pop the files for the dstwo and use the card on either flash cart without incident.

2. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    You could try it.

I don't see why it would conflict, the card would look for the specific folders anyway.

3. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    It shouldn't be a problem at all (thank dldi patching for homebrew loading xD). The only thing is that there is a little extra space used for the other firmware, but apart from that it's all good.

4. bennyheartless
    OP

bennyheartless Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    NY
    My only concern would be that it would muck something up. I feel lazy for not just trying it, but also don't want to screw up either card. Thanks for the input.

5. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    it's alright to do so, i have a 2gb sd with dstt and akaio firmware and it works fine [​IMG]

6. bennyheartless
    OP

bennyheartless Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    NY
    For the record, not that I doubted anyone, it works fine. Also, DSTWO is the Sheeeeet!

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Kneel before the Queen

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Well on my card alone I have AKAIO, The official Acekard firmware (not for roms, but so I can chose different programs to autoboot into, like Moonshell or DSCoverflow) The M3 Quad-Boot, Supercard one EOS, and Supercard Two EOS. All of them use the same same files and all of them work just fine together.