spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Does anyone actually use them? I am working on one for my own use, so far though, I know of only one person who is even remotely interested in it.
Current features include

* simple to set up (no multiple xml files for launching individual games)
* png and jpg boxart support
* whooshy UI, just like you'd expect from me
* animated background
* loads any windows based emulator that accepts command line arguments for filenames
* can (after a fashion) load windows games also

screen100.png

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:
There's dozens of these, with the most popular probably being hyperspin. If you want to a dozen consoles into one program... There you have it. Doesn't get any better.

I already had a look at hyperspin, you have to set up each individual game by hand in an xml file. It is not a 'simple' solution to the problem.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
currently, you can set the emulator for each file type in each folder. So a .smc file in snes/games can use a different emulator from a .smc file in supernintendo/games.
It reads all files in each systems /games folder regardless of file type, so if there is a type it doesn't know about, it just wont load.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am so in then
happy.gif

That would be amazing and I know another guy who would be in! (Skyrix)

If you release it to the public PCSX2/Project64 support would be great
yay.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Mazor said:
Out of curiosity, what language are you writing this in?

I'm using a demo of BlitzMax, I only hve a few days left though, so once I release it, there'll probably be no updates or bugfixes.

QUOTE(prowler_ @ Oct 1 2011, 05:28 PM) There's something similar being done though I haven't heard anything about it aside from the reddit post a few weeks back.

This is the only screenshot of it I think http://i.imgur.com/QjdOG.jpg

If I find the reddit post, I'll edit here.

Edit: Welp. More info.

Not highjacking, yours looks cool too.

From what I could be bothered to read of that loader, mine works a little differently. Rather than using the existing windows file associations, mine uses it's own, meaning that if more than one rom uses the same extension (e.g. *.bin or *.dat) it can still be loaded with a different emulator.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Head over to http://socoder.net/index.php?blogs=27502 for the latest (and maybe last) download of EmuMenu.

It can currently load most emulators, windows games, dos games (through dosbox) and scummvm games. Technically it should be able to load other file types as well, such as mp3 or avi although I haven't tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...