Jerme

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is complicated as hell, but. (for hombrew emulators like jEnisis)

first, some one creates a cable that plugs into the DS charger area, you plug it in two DS's... and the cable has to use snes/nes/genesis hardware or somethin

idk if this is necassary, but then the creator of emulators has to have an option to use the cable in the emulators settings + you might need a slot 2 expansion pack

last, you can go ahead have fun playin toejam with your friends...

but will it work??
unsure.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS power plug is just that - a power plug. There's no way to transfer data through it at all. Now granted, the DS Phat power plug also contains two pins for audio output (as it's the same as the GBA SP plug which was used for headphones) but good luck getting decent data transfer that way.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could just tunnel over wifi, much easier....

but, people have tried it for pc emulators, trying to jerry rig netcode onto something that doesn't expect any lag is not easy at all

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could just play via WiFi, if 's author implements that. You could try asking.

Most of the emus on PSP have that, and DS should be able to manage it too.
It would probably get desynchronized every ten seconds... still, it would be nice to try.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend (goes by danielmakana on this site) was able to get download play to work for some nes game. It was a few years back, and he was using a slot 2 M3 lite (or one of the slot 2 M3's). I don't remember how he did it, but it was pretty awesome. He also had to flash my DS to get it to work.

But yeah it is possible.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
My friend (goes by danielmakana on this site) was able to get download play to work for some nes game. It was a few years back, and he was using a slot 2 M3 lite (or one of the slot 2 M3's). I don't remember how he did it, but it was pretty awesome. He also had to flash my DS to get it to work.

But yeah it is possible.
Was it actually 2-player or did he merely send you the NES game to play? If it's the latter, then I'm pretty sure he used this program that turned the DS into a Download Play server to send a single *.nds file to your DS. With NES DS, you can package the NES games into the nesDS.nds file itself if you have the right programs, so I'm guessing he did that and sent it to you via this WMB server program. Why do I suspect this? Because two years ago I tried doing the exact same thing (though with SNES DS) with a friend whose DS I had already flashed. FlashMe is needed since the *.nds file being sent is not RSA signed, so an unflashed DS will reject the download image.

Unfortunately in my case it didn't work since my Supercard miniSD wasn't supported by the program (the built-in test file transfered over fine, but it couldn't find the "test.nds" file on my card).

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it was actually multiplayer. I don't remember the game, but we were driving little cars around a beach and he was freaking out over how amazing it was (the multiplayer part, not the game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free