FIXED Multi-quoting and other Xenforo quoting improvements?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Lakum, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Lakum
    OP

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    Is there an option to enable the multi-quoting and other new quoting features or GBAtemp simply hasn't updated to a newer Xenforo versions? Would be convenient, I guess.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    multiquoting would be even better if the text was restored on the next thread's page.
    Currently, you need to cut/change page/paste your current reply or you'll lose it.
    Well, you can come back to the same page to recover it, so it's not lost, but it's saved per page instead of per thread.

Multi quote for multi thread (like IPB had) would be great too. click "+" button on each posts you want to quote, then hit "quote" when you want to call all your marked posts.

4. Lakum
    OP

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    The newest Xenforo and Woltlab have this feature but you would've to update to either of these.

5. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    we are going to be updating Xenforo soon so the multi quote feature will be available

Margen67 and Lakum like this.
  6. Lakum
    OP

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    Another feature that would be useful is the ability to see all the members and guests browsing a thread. Is that feature available in the newest Xenforo? I know MyBB has it.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It was on the old forum software, however I am not sure how useful it really is. Most of the time it just ends up with a worse version of "OMG 40 views and no replies, you guys are the worst", with a nice serving of extra server load for the trouble .