Hacking MT-Card or Gateway, i don’t understand the difference between the 2 cards

what is better for me

• MT-Card

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Gateway

Votes: 70 87.5%

• Total voters

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamesquest1 lulz I 1337 HACKURZ I BENIFETZ FROM DE CPU I DUNT KNOW WHAT IT ACTUALLY EZ HERP DERP no but seriously some people on this forum are stupid...very very stupid I was actually going to make the exact reply you did but you beat me to it xD while it technically is a cpu..it wouldn't be useful in anyway for the future of the 3ds if im not mistaken it just contains the fpga update?

@ everyone else the gateway card will always be a step ahead the mt card is just a clone of the gateway card with a hardware button that allows multi rom MTs latest update is a modified version of 2.0 omega..they are working on modifying 2.1 omega now in theory if you want the latest updates and a pretty interface then get the gateway its so obvious I wish people would stop opening these pages there really needs to be some kind of filter that blocks a thread like this..or a mod constantly deleting shit like this without warning

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I would like to buy me a flash card, I am a 3DS old version (3.0.0)
Is that a big difference between the 2 cards?
I guess it is not possible to play online for the both card.

I saw that the R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe is cheaper but there is some problems, is that right?

MT-Card is a little be cheaper, it will be better for me to buy this card?
Is also easy to install a game with the “FAT32 Drag and Drop” function

Why is the Gateway so expensive?

thanks

First off don't buy a Clone card ( R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe) as they are just copying Gateways Work so don't waste money on them even it is cheaper.

Second. In my opinion I would go for Gateway even if it is for the extra buck you know that you'll get support for the card the same goes for the MT card but due to it just coming out it's hard to say currently. You can read the above posts for the in depth difference.

Finally I have to say this Do Not Buy From a Non-Reseller Unless you can trust them! There is no guarantee if something happen to your card or if you have a clone you may not get a refund/replacement. I've order with Eachmall.me before and I've got my item but the problem is that it takes awhile since it's from china and if something happens like DOA you pay the return shipping to ship back to them but the chances are slim of that happening.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it is lol they constantly release their update right after gateway and before all this omega bs someone proved 2.02b was stolen by mt card with diagnosis disabled...forgot the page now unfortunantly but I believe it was on max console somewhere?

Reactions: mhss

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah it is lol they constantly release their update right after gateway and before all this omega bs someone proved 2.02b was stolen by mt card with diagnosis disabled...forgot the page now unfortunantly but I believe it was on max console somewhere?
The current MT launcher is still based on 2.0B2. NAND Saving only requires a FPGA update, not a new launcher.dat.

Is MT not a clone then?
They are based on Gateways launcher with own functions.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
The current MT launcher is still based on 2.0B2. NAND Saving only requires a FPGA update, not a new launcher.dat.

They are based on Gateways launcher with own functions.

There is a simple way to tell whether the MT-Card is a clone of Gateway or not. Open the launcher for MT-Card 1.1 and the Gateway 2.0b2 side by side in a hex editor and compare the two. You will have your answer within a couple of minutes of comparison.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
I find that MT-CARD will have lots of potential due to built-in CPU (kinda like DSTWO) but the lack of game compatibility is unsettling.

Community members have opened the MT-Card to look at its internals and there is nothing in there that can be considered a processor aside from the FPGA.

Every other 3ds flash cart including Gateway and all the clone carts that have been released to date have the exact same FPGA.

Thus MT-Cart's claim of having an internal processor can either be seen as an outright lie or an attempt to mislead the less technically inclined to assume that an MT-Cart has better internal components than the other 3DS Flash Cart, which it certainly does not.

MT-Cart has a consistent track record of trying to mislead or otherwise outright lie to potential buyers and existing customers, so such a bold-faced false claim is something that they just take in stride.

The worst of these were false advertising claims backed with doctored videos which were clearly made with the intention of tricking buyers into thinking that their product would launch with several highly anticipated features intact, when in reality all that it had was a barely working multirom feature when it was first released.

If you are planning to buy an MT-Card, you would be well-advised to do in-depth research about their flash cart before purchasing. Do not under any circumstance blindly believe any claim they make on face value as they have a history of lying and making very misguiding claims in order to procure a sale.

Reactions: mhss

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Two days is not anywhere near enough to thoroughly test a new firmware version before release. If it was, why wouldn't they release eshop compatibility in the same time span?

Not saying that it couldn't be a copy, but if so, why do you do you still have to press the physical button? All changes take time to test.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Count me in the MT-Card conspiracy theory club. I think they have an 'arrangement' with Gateway. Maybe Gateway provides them 'brick-free' code for them to modify or maybe Gateway made the code themselves.

I hope/wish they do have their own team as I would love to see someone else provide something else to the scene. Still, Until someone/anyone provides something NEW that Gateway hasn't done, I think the safe assumption is everything is still flowing from Gateway. Even though MT had a crude Multi-rom before Gateway Omega, we know Gateway was working on multi-rom long before MT card came along and therefore may have somehow 'provided' the FGPA update for MT to allow fat32.

What we do know is MT is upgradeable (via PC) and the team is either capable of safely 'modifying' Gateway code or they are getting some form of help/support from Gateway.

I own both, but if I could have only one then I would go with Gateway...........they are the contenders and all the rest or mere pretenders....lol. Besides the way the implemented multi-rom is sweeeet.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see this thread getting out of hand with one side Gateway crew on the other side the MT-Card crew having battles to defend there turf!, I've got an oozy at hand GW crew if you need it, I see a lock coming on!!! Sure this guy is not trolling? I mean there is stacks of info about both cards, why ask this?, he only has to look into the sticky threads for the answer and he also puts a question up to boot, hmm????

Quick before it gets shut down, I've bet 2 kilos on GW winning, Gateway, Gateway, Gateway!!! Has that stirred up enough trouble?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Count me in the MT-Card conspiracy theory club. I think they have an 'arrangement' with Gateway. Maybe Gateway provides them 'brick-free' code for them to modify or maybe Gateway made the code themselves.

I hope/wish they do have their own team as I would love to see someone else provide something else to the scene. Still, Until someone/anyone provides something NEW that Gateway hasn't done, I think the safe assumption is everything is still flowing from Gateway. Even though MT had a crude Multi-rom before Gateway Omega, we know Gateway was working on multi-rom long before MT card came along and therefore may have somehow 'provided' the FGPA update for MT to allow fat32.

What we do know is MT is upgradeable (via PC) and the team is either capable of safely 'modifying' Gateway code or they are getting some form of help/support from Gateway.

I own both, but if I could have only one then I would go with Gateway...........they are the contenders and all the rest or mere pretenders....lol. Besides the way the implemented multi-rom is sweeeet.
They had also direct save backup to the microSD in the MT-Card before gateway had that feature.

Reactions: Nightwish

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People behind MT card are www.r4ids.cn. Same incompetent idiots: R4i Team, thieves and morons, responsible for R4i deluxe, Orange3ds, 3dslink. Already confirmed couple times by respected forum members:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/sadly-a-clone-card-owner-just-a-single-question.363980/#post-4955334

Every 3DS flashcard is a shameless copy of Gateway software and hardware work, so all clone lovers be grateful to Gateway because without them you couldn't buy shitty MT-Cards. Gateway actually IS working on their updates so it takes time and they deliver with every update.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
People behind MT card are www.r4ids.cn. Same incompetent idiots: R4i Team, thieves and morons, responsible for R4i deluxe, Orange3ds, 3dslink. Already confirmed couple times by respected forum members:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/sadly-a-clone-card-owner-just-a-single-question.363980/#post-4955334

Every 3DS flashcard is a shameless copy of Gateway software and hardware work, so all clone lovers be grateful to Gateway because without them you couldn't buy shitty MT-Cards. Gateway actually IS working on their updates so it takes time and they deliver with every update.
How is the post you linked any proof for MT beeing equal to r4i?
I remember the old DS days when people really got pissed off when a team didn't release an update just in time.

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

So basically we can thank a handful of people for the DS scene and shit on others? No.

Gateway have a working product, no question there. Defending them based on their actions with the bricking fiasco is questionable, but they're not the almighty savior. Imagine if someone had reacted the same way with the Japanese after WWII. We wouldn't have Toyota, Sony, etc. We wouldn't have Samsung as we know it now either (cough, South Korea, but I digress). Copying in this case is nowhere near a bad thing.

Ps. Gateway never copies anything.. Oh wait.. Where did the 4.x exploit originate from..? B-)

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So basically we can thank a handful of people for the DS scene and shit on others? No.

Yes, I think we can, but only when those "others" steal work of Gateway and do nothing for 3DS Scene'

Gateway have a working product, no question there. Defending them based on their actions with the bricking fiasco is questionable, but they're not the almighty savior.

They basically created the Scene with their flashcard. If R4i didn't steal, Gateway would not create brick-code in the first place, so there would be no bricking fiasco.

Imagine if someone had reacted the same way with the Japanese after WWII. We wouldn't have Toyota, Sony, etc. We wouldn't have Samsung as we know it now either (cough, South Korea, but I digress). Copying in this case is nowhere near a bad thing.

Ehh, crappy analogy.

Ps. Gateway never copies anything.. Oh wait.. Where did the 4.x exploit originate from..? B-)

Exploit was there to grab for anyone, Gateway used it and we all shoud be thankfull ofcourse to those who originaly founded it.

Esmax666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but mt card was the first with the multi rom, do think that the MT will play all game?
where can i find i compatibility list?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One gram of felony? +1