Hacking MPT (DVD9) + Neogamma R6 + IOS249

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you tried to set the Booktype to DVDROM instead of DVD-R DL?
I think i read somewhere that DVD-R DL are not supported by most apps.

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok Burnt at minimum speed with the proper layerbreak AND bookmarked to DVDROM.
Now another issue pops in ; When I try to run MP3 I have the 002 error and I'm using Neogamma r7!!I thought That neogamma had an Inbuilt 002 error fix,right?
(The loading through the disc channel with Cioscorp still gives me the REMOVE THE DISC AND POWER OFF THE CONSOLE. PLEASE REFER TO THE WII USER GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS )
I'm on 4.1 with rev 13a

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Finally got around to testing this on my friend's 3.2U w/cioscorp 1.01 softmodded set after using patching it to use IOS249.
smile.gif

Result is that it works. Tried 1,2,3 using neogamma r6 + rev9. Disc channel loading works as well. Perfect
smile.gif
I just tried with Neogamma r6 and 249 rev9 and I can't get Prime 3 to load. What were your exact settings that you used to get this working?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Bloodlust said:
Finally got around to testing this on my friend's 3.2U w/cioscorp 1.01 softmodded set after using patching it to use IOS249.
smile.gif

Result is that it works. Tried 1,2,3 using neogamma r6 + rev9. Disc channel loading works as well. Perfect
smile.gif
I just tried with Neogamma r6 and 249 rev9 and I can't get Prime 3 to load. What were your exact settings that you used to get this working?

Your dump must have been made on a Wii with cIOS rev14.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Bloodlust said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

Your dump must have been made on a Wii with cIOS rev14.
So I should really try to get an original and install it myself right?

Sierpinski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im brand new to GBAtemp but ive been softmodding my wii and stuff for a while now.

Im having issues as well with MPT, here is my process and my idea for a solution, maybe someone smarter can figure out how to solve it.

I made a backup of MPT on my DVD+R DL 8.5 GB disk.
I also have made a backup of Super Smash Bros Brawl on the same type of disc.
I run the game through NeoGamma R8 with ios249.
Brawl works completly fine and i can even load Brawl+.
MPT works great too, that is, up until I select which game to play. When i load my save file and choose any three games, it shows the loading screen, then goes green and reboots to the wii system menu. No error codes or anything. (it does the exact same with my USB loader)

My suggested solution has to do with the IOSs. Since MPT has several .dols on the disk, it loads the default, then when you select the game it points back to the DISK Channel IOS to find the correct dol, i.e. it looks for corruption.dol(or whatever it may be called). The problem is, the disk channel cannot read your usb drive or your backup disk because you arent running the original disk, your running it through IOS249(or whatever your using).

I believe a solution would be to replace some code in a file of the IOS to force the disk to point to a different IOS of your choice when it needs to find the specific ios. If anyone knows how they might be able to do this, it could help (if its possible). Ill be researching it more as well.

Sorry if this has already been solved somewhere else... but please do let me know.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only way I think is to install most recent version of cIOSCORP with right extra's installed to play MPT from the disk channel without alt dol method I could be wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi,