Homebrew MPlayer_CE v0.71 RELEASED!

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your timely response. It seems that my problem now lies in the fact that I can't get my wii to talk to my computer.

Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I've got file sharing on, network discovery is set @ custom (did everything I could to turn "ON", but to no avail) and I have no password on my computer. D-link wireless router about 10 ft from my wii.....

I guess I'll just have to keep playing with it, or maybe try out 7.2 with the modifications added by Hax. It's a bit frustrating after messing with it for 2 hours last night with no luck. I've always wanted to use the wii as a media center and I just realized that I could.... but I can't.

Anyways, you've been very helpful, UK.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
vista file sharing is a joke
frown.gif

you have to share a folder, then give that folder permissions (either guest for browsing with no password, or a username that you want to use), then, after that, go into security for the folder, and set the permissions on that too.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
frown.gif

you have to share a folder, then give that folder permissions (either guest for browsing with no password, or a username that you want to use), then, after that, go into security for the folder, and set the permissions on that too.
Vista file sharing makes sense.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
Sadly, I think what used to be random 3-4min freezes while watching videos has turned into random 5-10min lock ups.. =/

Great. I had issues in v0.7 with DVD playback myself. Freezing after a certain amount of random time, and whats worse audio/video desync. Was this app not originally intended to play DVD movies first and foremost *before* all of the other features? Yet I do not see anything in the changelog that directly claims to improve DVD playback. And, before somebody jumps out and says "If you want to play DVD's, get a player...blah", I have players. I just enjoy the novelty of playing DVD movies on the Wii. It's almost there (DVD movies look GREAT on the Wii through Mplayer), but the freezing and loosing sync should be fixed before adding other oddball features in my humble opinion.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
riahc3 said:
0M39A said:
frown.gif

if you know what youre doing it makes sense, but sometimes you just want to be able to right click on a folder and share the damn thing quickly and easily. if you want to set it up with a username and a password and block anything else, then there should be advanced settings (ie. the same as winxp)

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got it working at about midnight last night! ! I'm very excited at the possibilities of streaming movies for my son over the Wii. It gets tiring trying to keep up with DVDRs and the like.

I actually had to go in and restore factory .bat/reg settings in order to have "Network Discovery" ON instead of CUSTOM. I also was being dim - I changed the folder permissions to "everyone/share", yet I didn't right click and hit SHARE....

even after that, my smb.conf file was giving me trouble.

at first I had..

IP=198.162.0.1

it wasn't until I kept f'n around in Vista and typed 198.162.0.1 into the run command field, only to get an error message about SMB, did i realize that I need to specify two more digits onto the IP address

IP=198.162.0.1XX - doing this pointed to my computer specifically.

I ran through a few minutes of video. After throwing a few different movies at it, really quickly and without regard to loading screens/time, it started to freeze up. All in all, I think it's going to be an awesome little media center.

one last question, does anyone know if using the Wii in such a manner would shorten it's life span in any significant way? I'm a RB junkie and I've got to be able to beat on my plastic drums.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
no worse than playing a game on it for the same amount of time.

if you were watching movies from the dvd drive it may lessen your drives lifespan, as they are pretty weak to begin with and werent made for constant reading.

so long as you havent done anything stupid, like having your wii sitting on top of an xbox 360 or something like that (ie. make sure it has decent ventilation and wont overheat) you shouldnt have a problem

will9512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my folder set up to share (windows xp) and am running mplayer_CE v.72. I set up the SMB.config with my correct ip address and folder name. when running mplayer i can get to the folder and I can see and play mp3 files but when i try to open .avi mplayer displays "opening stream" then does nothing. when i try to fast forward the progress bar skips to the end and no video ever shows up on screen. Does anyone have an idea as to what my problem is?

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
riahc3 said:
0M39A said:
frown.gif

if you know what youre doing it makes sense, but sometimes you just want to be able to right click on a folder and share the damn thing quickly and easily. if you want to set it up with a username and a password and block anything else, then there should be advanced settings (ie. the same as winxp)
You can also get up outta bed and walk out on the street like normal.

BUT

It makes sense to have some breakfast, get dressed, take a shower, etc before walking out on the street.

Eddie_Brock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, it doesn't make sense to get dressed, then have a shower.
huh.gif

Either way, SMB is worth taking the time to setup, if you like to play video thru your wii, like me.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm still having issues with aspect ratios. some movies are stretched vertically. some don't fill the screen horizontally and are off centered. the parameters for xy position don't do anything.

what really bothers me is movies displaying at the wrong aspect ratio.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
File an issue and post an example video file if you want the problem to have a chance of getting fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Or drugs.