mplayer dvd and backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by searchforglory, Oct 2, 2008.

Oct 2, 2008
  1. searchforglory
    OP

Newcomer searchforglory Newbie

United States
    I installed DVDx IOS249 for the Backup Loader, but mplayer DVD does not work. Is it possible to install DVDx again (normal install).

2. slimpyman

Member slimpyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you have to uninstall from 249, and do regular install on 36. anytime you want to switch from one to the other, you MUST do this, or your SOL

3. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    would you still need to do this if you're using geexbox?

4. slimpyman

Member slimpyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah... sorry for the late response, homie. pretend we never had dvdx, or backup loader.... ok. now if i install dvdx the regular way, i can load roms from dvd in given emulators, and can use mplayer to play dvds (albeit garbage compatibility), and geexbox load from dvd (in file structure). IF i wanted to use a backup loader, i would have to uninstall dvdx, and do an advanced install on 249... THIS would essentially forfeit the dvd playing capability, and loading roms from dvd capability, BUT i can then use a backup loader... its sloppy garbage nutsack coding, and is by far, a big nuisance. but its what needs to be done in order to do what needs to be done ;-)

5. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    so, really...seriously...you all are testing the SAME DVD for both cIOSrev5, and patchmii....and with cIOSrev5, MPlayerDVD doesnt load it, but with Patchmii does?....youre positive?....am I really the only one for whom they both work exactly the same?

6. marcan

Member marcan GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Using cIOS with DVDX without a modchip goes against libdi's convention (read: Waninkoko is doing something stupid, as usual) and therefore will break all other libdi apps. You're supposed to use a native IOS if you don't have a modchip, or a patched IOS if you do. That's what libdi uses to determine the disc access mode.