Homebrew Mplayer-CE

ruoso

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eh i tried what you recommended but still doesnt work.
subfont.ttf is for subtitles isnt it?
what i wanted is the mplayer able to read japanese named files.

right now when i go
open> files> wii usb> and if i open a folder with bunch of japanese files i get bunch of underscores.

_ _ _ _ _ _ .mp3
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ . avi
___ _ _ _ _ _ . avi

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
OriginalHamster iv'e already mentioned this, read the latter pages.

Ben. hmm, you sure you don't have any devices attached like a incompat USB Device? if 0.3.... works but 0.4 doesn't that's very odd.

Nothing plugged into USB at all.

ertandum

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi everyone

jimshabadoo said:
So is the key to getting this to work having the FAT32 partition as the 1st partition and the WBFS as the 2nd partition? Right now, I have it the other way (although both are primary).
i can not confirm that.
madtamski .. you must have magic hands, then.
long story short:
twisted my two partitions on my USB HDD around to
1st = FAT32 (primary, 48GB)
2nd = WBFS (primary, 190GB)

loader works, MPlayer CE still refuses to read the FAT32 partition,
but MPlayer does read my FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive. where's the logic in that?!?
GeeXboX reads and recognizes the FAT32 partition on the USB HDD.

(Wii PAL v3.1E meeting all MPlayer prerequisites)

hope there will be a soloution available eventually.

cheers
ed

ertandum

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madtamski said:
@ertandum, dunno what's gone wrong for you buddy, but it works fine for me with a FAT32 1st, 2nd WBFS and 3rd NTFS (this one's for backing up my Wii ISOs).

Hope you manage to figure it out bud.

madTaMsKi

since i'm out of options, i'm planning to upgrade to 3.2E
hmm.
any danger in using Âios downgrader for upgrading?
(had used it to downgrade to 3.1E)

cheers

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got this on my wii ( 4.oU)

works great for the following:
- External USB hard drive (HELL YEAAA!)
- USB flash drive
- SD card
- so far all the formats that show up, work

does not work:
-anything related to DVD (lib and all)

When i select to open files from DVD, it pauses for about 15 seconds then nothing happens, the drive lights up for a sec and u can hear it spin up but then it just stops. same thing happens when using a real DVD movie and playing it from the DVD menu (using lib does the same thing).

I do have my wii chipped with D2sunV1.3 but i have an external switch and have tried it both OFF/ON and the same thing happens. to be honest I don't care much for the DVD playback because of external HD support via usb, but i have loads of movies already on DVD and I would like to be able to watch them. Anyone having this problem?

Edit: btw I have Mplayer CE v0.4 (wide-screen)

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
does not work:
-anything related to DVD (lib and all)

When i select to open files from DVD, it pauses for about 15 seconds then nothing happens, the drive lights up for a sec and u can hear it spin up but then it just stops. same thing happens when using a real DVD movie and playing it from the DVD menu (using lib does the same thing).

I do have my wii chipped with D2sunV1.3 but i have an external switch and have tried it both OFF/ON and the same thing happens. to be honest I don't care much for the DVD playback because of external HD support via usb, but i have loads of movies already on DVD and I would like to be able to watch them. Anyone having this problem?

Edit: btw I have Mplayer CE v0.4 (wide-screen)
glad your'e devices are working, but if you read the other latter pages of this thread you'l realise that this version isn't compat with many chip users, it works with my own and a few others, the next release fixes that, confirmed
smile.gif

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
glad your'e devices are working, but if you read the other latter pages of this thread you'l realise that this version isn't compat with many chip users, it works with my own and a few others, the next release fixes that, confirmed
smile.gif

too many pages too read XD

I can switch my chip off prior to turning on the wii (completely disabling it) and I still can't use the DVD stuff. question though, I read somewhere that having folders on the data DVD causes problems with mplayer, is this the case with mplayer CE? can't wait for the next release!

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What kinds of partition MPlayer recognizes ? Only FAT32 ?
What about the special caracters on folders ? How can I make them to be recognized ?

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh....I see there's been a few new revisions.

If anyone has compiled the latest build (and it's stable/has improvements), then it would be smashing if you could share it!

btw, I will eventually install a vmware'd linux and do this sort of thing myself (once I kill my wife and kids, chuck my job and wait many years to get out of jail to get some time), but until that day, I would totally appreciate if some other dude did this for us!

Thanks in advance!

Tam

cyclogenisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there im using mplayerce 4.0 for my wii, ive been using it and other previous revision for awhile now. and for no damn good reason i cant get my video or datadvds to work anymore.. i am not using a modchip just softmod. when i try to open a data or video dvd it pauses for about 15 seconds reads the dvd then stops. I've used about 3 different brands on dvd-r's nothing has worked. I noticed some other people had the same problem but i think they were using modchips... as i am not. I;ve had this problem since the 4.0 update..

any suggestions?

Anime4me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do we share drives in SMB,i can share folders ok
but cant share the root of the drives.
is it even possible or am i wasting my time.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
V0.5 out now!
Code:
* SMB now much more robust - thanks to DennisLKJ for smb.c fix 
* libfat cache improved for speed and stability 
* USB ethernet now works with USB 1.1; USB 2.0 fix requires an updated cIOS 
* Added ability to manipulate picture using the nunchuck 
* Updated to latest MPlayer revision 
* Now using subfont.ttf instead of font folder - use mplayer.conf to change font size 
* Merged widescreen and 4:3 pack - now MPlayer will use the appropriate loop.avi automatically 
* Improved modchip compatibility for DVD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...