Homebrew Mplayer-CE

Supergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I am trying to use MPlayer CE with an external hard drive to play videos etc... via Wii USB. For some reason MPlayer CE will not recognize this when i go to load this via Wii USB load. Help here would be greatly appreciated.

thnx.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hello,
I am trying to use MPlayer CE with an external hard drive to play videos etc... via Wii USB. For some reason MPlayer CE will not recognize this when i go to load this via Wii USB load. Help here would be greatly appreciated.

thnx.
hi, is your Hard Drive formatted to FAT? anyway try power off wii, insert USB, power wii on, lad HBC or whatever loader, and load MPlayerCE, now try browsing USB, if not the HD is unsupported, does it work with GeeXbox?

Supergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
Hello,

thnx.
hi, is your Hard Drive formatted to FAT? anyway try power off wii, insert USB, power wii on, lad HBC or whatever loader, and load MPlayerCE, now try browsing USB, if not the HD is unsupported, does it work with GeeXbox?

Yes it works with GeeXbox. Also, it is formatted FAT32

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Submit your themes
smile.gif

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/U...dCustomizations

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
for the record i used SMB last night to watch three 45 min shows in a row and it worked fine the whole time .. all wireless , no lockups ..
yeah XP works perfect no freezes, vista Ultimate x64 is the same, and MAC has been tested all good, Linux and others should be ok too, surely it's your connection problems.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People might have to change certain settings on their routers for better quality streams. I changed a few things like making sure WMM (Wireless QOS) was turned on for my wireless connection, I changed my preamble type from LONG to SHORT and for those people that don't have static addresses and can't get one; you can see if your router supports STATIC DHCP so you can assign specific IP's in your router's address pool to a specific MAC address (ex. assign 192.168.0.100 to Wii's MAC always) and it will help with initializing speeds.

I tried this on my gf's network in her building which shares DSL access wireless to 5 other PCs and I have only gotten an occasional stoppage. Just a thought though if people wanted to try something else.
tongue.gif

Oh and remember to restart your router and all your devices if you apply these settings!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have found another bug, and this one is very critical...maybe it's the one that all are talking about...

It's here on Google Code.

Summary:
Well, if you mount a Data-DVD, everything works, you can browse and it plays the Files normally. If you change to a new File, while the other File plays, it also works. But if you let the File finish play, DVD seems to unmount. If I go back to the menu, select again Wii DVD, it mounts again. Then, Directories are visible, you can browse, but it won't play anything...Only reinserting the disc, or reload MPlayer works. But it happens everytime. Oh, and everything worked in eralier versions perfectly.

Hope you will be able to fix this...the only way for me to listening to my Music-Collection (no Space on SD, hate Samba, USB-HD don't work)...
frown.gif

Oh, and also an important wish:
-Scrolling through files (Maybe B + WiiMote up or down, like in the letters, or holding down or up for fast forward...?). This is realy needed
smile.gif

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I mean 50% video size or something like that (to see some medium quality videos on half size instead full screen). I don't know exactly what's the properly term.

I tried the aspect ratio options, but, it's weird, didn't make any difference for me
frown.gif
, the video (a wmv BTW) stayed the same. Dunno if I did something wrong or isn't supported for that kind of video.

Thanks a lot for your help.

steveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I can see my divx files from my shared folder with mplayer ce on my wii, but everytime I select one the wii just freezes. I left it for ten minutes hoping it just takes a while to load. Also if I try to use my usb stick mplayer ce wont load, it just gives me exception(ISI)error, if I remove the usb stick mplayer will load. Is having 3.4u the problem, is there an mplayer file I am supposed to put in the root of sd card. Is there a cios I have to load? I'm lost.....
tia

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice Homeless!! Now this SMB share is driving me nuts like everyone else on here. I've read all 20 pages thoroughly, tried to create a pass and no pass. I'm using Vista 32 Bit, have tried the IP of my router, and the IP of my PC. Both with and without a password. The folder is being shared just I get an error when I try to connect to SMB share 1 (I only have 1 set up) the error just says "Error reconnecting to SMB1". BTW the folder is only called XVIDS. The readme says I need to use my computers IP but still no luck. Wireless network is very reliable also so im pretty sure thats not the problem, the wii is literally only about 3 feet from the wireless router. I ever tried the trick that someone posted about allowing everyone to have read access. Anybody got any other tricks?

Edit I got it to work. I just made up 3 shares of the IP address that I was trying and finally one of them worked, and was indeed my pcs' ip address. So far im loving the app. im getting ready to try some .mod files on it right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto