XP
Country
New Zealand
mplayerCE_scr.jpg

QUOTE said:
CHANGELOG v0.76
=============
-Fixes for 4.2 update
-Stability fixes (hopefully freezing is gone forever now)
-Network (LAN and WAN) speeds increased
-Added directory play feature
-YouTube section entirely revamped
-Added Nintendo Channel content (quality may not yet be optimal) (thanks to yellowstar6 for his work on ninchdl-listext)
-[blip.tv was planned but couldn't make it on time]
-Many, many more bugs fixed

Official Website & Download
We Brew Wii Download Mirror

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news! Thank you for the information. I'm waiting for the new GUI, but it will take a lot of time.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions....

1. I was having problems with DVDs mounting and it freezing. longtom1 explained...

"it's cause 4.2 deletes the old DVDx and mplayerCE doesn't support DVDx v2 yet so if you have pre/priiloader and the [Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks] enabled you can install the old version of DVDx from the old hackmii installer and have both version 1 and 2 on the wii at the same time that's what i've done"

Does this mean I no longer have to install the original DVDx? Should I just be able to play DVDs without freezing now?

2. Can someone explain what GUI means and what is better about it?

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
There is a good chance that the Wii doesn't have the power to play back 720p mkvs or higher.

Its the same exact issue on the original xbox with XBMC. Xbox1 doesn't have enough juice to run HD x264 mkv files.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Two questions....

1. I was having problems with DVDs mounting and it freezing. longtom1 explained...

"it's cause 4.2 deletes the old DVDx and mplayerCE doesn't support DVDx v2 yet so if you have pre/priiloader and the [Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks] enabled you can install the old version of DVDx from the old hackmii installer and have both version 1 and 2 on the wii at the same time that's what i've done"

Does this mean I no longer have to install the original DVDx? Should I just be able to play DVDs without freezing now?

Could someone answer these questions???? I would really appreciate it!

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spritefreak said:
spritefreak said:
Two questions....

Could someone answer these questions???? I would really appreciate it!

1) In theory, this is what the 0.76 update/System Menu 4.2 compatability is all about. You should be able to install the latest DVDx and be able to play DVDs, assuming you have a drive capable.

2) GUI is a Graphical User Interface. Mplayer is essentially being completely redesigned to have a more user-friendly interface. More graphical menus and less navigating through menus upon menus. I for one, am eagerly awaiting this update more than anything else.

dustin6908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i been waitin for the gui so hard then i saw this then i found out it wasnt the gui update and i got sad o well still waitin hard... itlll be the shit like xbmc but wid my wiiiiiiiiiii would be awsome to watch hd but o well got hdmi output on my laptop

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
v0.76 seems to be code dumping/crashing after pressing the exit button only when using forwarders.

When loading with HBC it exits just fine with no code dump.

This needs to be fixed since it didn't happen in 0.75

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Strange, this new version didn't worked for me, I tried it through HBC but it got stuck at the "Loading MPlayer CE 0.76" screen... Went back to version 0.75 and worked perfectly. It should have nothing to do with me not installing CIOS202 since it only regards USB2, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE