Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Installing IOS202 is recommended for the following reasons:

1) USB2.0 speed
2) Stability, improved performance
3) More compatibility with detecting drives.
4) Improves wifi (smb, etc.)

For any of the above ^ who have issues with 0.76 freezing at loading............. try removing your configs and do a fresh install and make sure SD isn't write protected (lock position).

another_waster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still has problems for me unfortunately...

BUT before it would freeze the Wii entirely now it just stops playing randomly and goes to the MPlayer CE menu screen... which is better I guess!!!

Kesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was waiting for this release since I have a lot of problem with almost all the version of mplayerce, after I upgrade to rev14.

I know that everybody told me tha cios rev 14 doesn't create problem with mplayerce, but before I had rev 7 by wiigator and I haven't got any problem at all.

Now with 0.76, old problems remain the same, freeze randomly, at the menu, during playing movies etc.

The only question I have for you guys, is that I didn't istall yet the mplayerce cios, just because I always use my sd card to watch movies.

I also try to use previous version with no usb support (so the mplayerce cios isn't necessary) but the freezes remains...

any suggestion?

thanx

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with mp ce and windows 7 over smb? i can get it to connect to the computer, but no matter how i try to set things up it does not display any files that im sharing.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xdeadxpoolx said:
Has anyone had success with mp ce and windows 7 over smb? i can get it to connect to the computer, but no matter how i try to set things up it does not display any files that im sharing.

Working fine for me...

Tell me how you set up your file sharing.

Also, did you get it to work previously on another version of windows?

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it was working fine on XP, i tried setting up the wiis own account, i tried setting the sharing permissions to everyone, I even followed some tutorial where i had to go in to alot of advanced menus, if i find it ill edit with link.

edit: this was it

QUOTE said:
Windows 7 & Vista advanced settings: Setting the NT Access rights on the shared folder to allow "Everyone" read and execute access.

Right-click folder, then pick "Security", "Advanced", "Change Permissions", "Add", "Advanced", "Find now", then pick "Everyone", then give read permissions.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
madtamski said:
wiiman123 said:
v0.76 seems to be code dumping/crashing after pressing the exit button only when using forwarders.

When loading with HBC it exits just fine with no code dump.

This needs to be fixed since it didn't happen in 0.75

Yep, same thing is happening to me...
Code dump for me too. Other than that it's running fine.
@wiiman123: Did you already try a couple forwarders out?

Deleted member 199854

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
spritefreak said:
Two questions....

1. I was having problems with DVDs mounting and it freezing. longtom1 explained...

"it's cause 4.2 deletes the old DVDx and mplayerCE doesn't support DVDx v2 yet so if you have pre/priiloader and the [Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks] enabled you can install the old version of DVDx from the old hackmii installer and have both version 1 and 2 on the wii at the same time that's what i've done"

Does this mean I no longer have to install the original DVDx? Should I just be able to play DVDs without freezing now?

2. Can someone explain what GUI means and what is better about it?
Could someone answer these questions???? I would really appreciate it!

I can answer 2. GUI means graphic user interface. I have submitted a design for a new GUI(which basically means "the way it looks"), to them, but we are all waiting on a final answer. They want to update the look of MPlayer-CE, so they had us design new mock ups (which you can view here). It's just to make navigation and appearances up to today's standard as we see it, and not stuck in the "list everything" style.

Simply put, it's to make everything nicer and easier to use.

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, anyone know why this wont play any dvds on my wii? It starts the disc drive and the dvd is spinning but theres no picture. It plays videofiles from sd card fine. Haven't tried earlier releases of the player.
Im on 4.1E, hardmodded.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
madtamski said:
xdeadxpoolx said:

Working fine for me...

Tell me how you set up your file sharing.

Also, did you get it to work previously on another version of windows?

I also cannot get it to work... I've shared a folder on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64x PC, and edited the smb.conf file correctly... I am going to look into my LAN itself... other than that, any ideas?

MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ninjamaster said:
Hey, anyone know why this wont play any dvds on my wii? It starts the disc drive and the dvd is spinning but theres no picture. It plays videofiles from sd card fine. Haven't tried earlier releases of the player.
Im on 4.1E, hardmodded.

do you have cIOS202 installed for mplayer_ce? you need to install cIOS202 using IOS38/IOS60 merge

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
MarioMadness said:
Ninjamaster said:
Im on 4.1E, hardmodded.

do you have cIOS202 installed for mplayer_ce? you need to install cIOS202 using IOS38/IOS60 merge
Thanks for the reply. No I have not installed ios202. What do you mean "using ios38\ios60 merge"? If someone could link me to the correct download for the ios that would be great.

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sweet, it works perfectly now, thanks a bunch! One quick question, how do I turn off subs?

Nevermind, too quick to ask, figured it out
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-