1. BlazeMasterBM

OP BlazeMasterBM I Eat Garlics

United States
    I'm somewhat new to CustomizeMii, does anyone know if it would be possible to create a channel from which I can play a specific video file? (Mp4, to be exact). I'd have no trouble converting it to any other format, I just want to know if this was even possible.

kaisersozeh likes this.
  2. kaisersozeh

kaisersozeh GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    If there's an option to send arguments to a dol you open, i.e. not an embedded dol, a forwarder, you could look how a media player expects an argument that specifies a file location to open. Put that file on the sd card, point to the media player dol, and the arguments to the file location. There's a media player (relatively) recently updated, not sure if it has mp4 support - supersonic's wiimc+ - but if that doesn't, another one will.
    It's possibe if you can send arguments to a dol using customizemii, although there might be other, simpler ways.
    And that's quite a cool idea - for an ankle biter wanting to watch the same thing over and over?

Last edited by kaisersozeh, Aug 21, 2020
    BlazeMasterBM likes this.
  3. BlazeMasterBM

United States
    Thanks a ton, I'll try it! :D And it's mostly just me wanting to put my favorite episode of a show on its very own channel lmao.

kaisersozeh likes this.
  4. kaisersozeh

kaisersozeh GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Still a good idea! I'd love to hear how you got on...

5. BlazeMasterBM

United States
    Hey sorry I'm really late in response but it went pretty well! I just put some cosmetic changes to WiiMC and had it set to open the file that contained only the episode. From there, you just click it.

6. TheThief

TheThief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you put cosmetic changes to the channel animation or in the WiiMC itself? That sounds cool.

7. BlazeMasterBM

United States
    WiiMC itself. I'm currently trying to change the channel intro music to the music of the episode's title card lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - CustomizeMii, channel,