Question Moving Sysnand Games to Emunand

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Zero-sama, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:30 PM.

1. Zero-sama
    OP

Zero-sama Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but a bunch of my games have been requiring downloads or aren't appearing on my Emunand and I haven't been able to find a solution. Ive tried both copying my root "Nintendo" folder to my Emunand and replacing the emunand "Nintendo" folder entirely with the root version, but so far nothing changes including save files.

For info I'm on 9.0.1 for both Sys and Emunand and have the latest Atmosphere/Hekate updates.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. mav2010

mav2010 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2018
    Germany
    The saves are stored directly in the NAND, you will have to extract them with Checkpoint or Edizon.

The games installed to the microSD (!) should be movable by simply renaming the Nintendo folder to Emutendo (copying around might mess up the so called archive flag and this could lead to the games not being recognized).

If you installed the games to the NAND, then you will have to reinstall them again on Emunand. Or simply recreate the emunand from your sysnand, this might be fastest since it will also move the save files over.

3. Zero-sama
    OP

Zero-sama Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    Ah Okay, thank you for the help!

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If you don't want to run cfw on sysNAND (some people prefer to keep it completely clean) then there are methods of extracting game saves using a rawnand dump and keys.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted