Movie Player game

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WatchGintama, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WatchGintama
    OP

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    This new game app was just dumped. Has anyone tried to see how it works?

EDIT: I put a sample video in the root directory but nothing was detected.

2. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    wait you are saying this is not actual card game rather virtual download form eshop being dumped?
    EDIT: found out its rare card used by nintendo to showcase their product

3. WatchGintama
    OP

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    No, the software was originally on a cartridge. At least according to the group notes.

4. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    "EDIT: I put a sample video in the root directory but nothing was detected."
    probably the wrong formt? what codecs and video file types does it say it supports?

5. WatchGintama
    OP

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    IDK. It just says "No movie detected."

6. weatMod

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    but is there any info in the NFO about which codecs and file types it supports? try a different file type

7. kalimero

kalimero Uncle Rupee

Jun 28, 2006
    Gambia, The
    From the nfo:

8. zsakul2

zsakul2 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2008
    United States
    I'm curious as to how someone even managed to acquire this, I'm going to fuck around with it.

Has anyone found anything interesting inside it yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Container_format_(digital) Not TOO many extensions to test, I can imagine they might have used a custom extension, and I definitely can see how they might have used a specific file name..

Huntereb likes this.
  9. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    So we finally got homebrew to load our own videos, except that we can't load them at the moment since we have no information about how this works and isn't homebrew neither since it's actually an official and obscure product.

By the way, here's a picture of the cartridge:
    ctr-h-aabp.jpg

10. weatMod

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    gee i wonder if the video it plays is as grainy and blurry as the label photo on that carts sticker:P

what did they print it with ? a gameboy printer?

[​IMG]

Gruntzer likes this.
  11. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I don't know why nobody has reported this but this tool seems to be incompatible with the Home Menu, at least on an American 3DS.

After inserting the flashcard with the ROM on it, the home menu freezes. The same happens after activating it directly after booting GW mode, it hangs if the Home button is pressed.

I want to believe the videos are of the same quality as those of Nintendo Video.

12. zsakul2

zsakul2 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2008
    United States

I think it was just the picture taking, I found another picture of the cart and it looked far better.

Regardless we shouldn't focus on how the outside looks, but how the inside operates.. My gateway crashes everytime I try getting into the movie player so i'm fiddling with that, though I should probably make sure i'm using their launcher and not mine lol.

joepassive likes this.
  13. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    What picture are you talking about? The one I posted before? It's fine to me. I referred to the possible video quality that the tool can handle, which may be the same as that of Nintendo Video.

If you load GW mode after inserting the flashcard with the rom, the tool will load but it will just say that it couldn't find any videos.

14. zsakul2

zsakul2 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2008
    United States
    [​IMG] is the one I was talking about, it's watermarked to hell but I was just saying it was the way the picture was taken the cart look slightly low quality.

And I definitely think it would at least be the same as Nintendo Video considering they used it to show off promos and what not, you would expect it to be the best quality they could do.

Edit: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1420447/n...eo-to-3ds-format-watch-movies-2d-or-3d-on-3ds perhaps that might help get it to locate a video, Haven't tested it yet as i'm looking into the 3DS hardware ATM.. but if anyone else is interested, feel free..

15. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Something is wrong with my reading comprehension today... now I know where your comment came from...

The original seems to be scanned rather than photographed and possibly it has the same quality as any regular 3DS cartridge... I can't tell since my eyesight is not that good to analyse the game I have in hand.

16. zsakul2

zsakul2 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2008
    United States

Ohh I think you are correct, it does look scanned! I was wondering how they got such a perfect closeup, Good catch :P

I will mess around with the movie player tonight but right now i'm hands deep in solder, I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just in the root directory where its stored but maybe in the nintendo 3DS directory that is made on the SD card.

17. AbdulaPizdec

AbdulaPizdec Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2011
    this is the same movie player?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Woah, where did you get that?

I don't know if it is the same, as I said before, I can't insert the ROM and see the icon because the 3DS just freezes.

19. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    cool, let's hope someone clever figures it out

20. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    why anyone want to use that ?
    isn't the 3DS is capable to play 3D video once you convert them to 3DS using some program ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.