Movie Making/Video Editor software

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Agjsdfd, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. Agjsdfd
    OP

Member Agjsdfd My title

Hey guys. I mentioned in the blog that I have to do a College project.

So here we are. We are 10 people in a group. Everyone is a bit "low" when it comes to computers..

We are going to interview people, capture videos during our prepartion of the project and etc.

So I need a software to edit the videos. A software that is able to make Opening titel, ending credits, effects, mixing of sounds/videos etc. and easy to use.

Tried sony vegas(Vegas pro 8.0), coudnt really figure out how to do titel, and cant really figure out much out of it..

Previously in school we used a software in MAC, that I cant really remember anymore. But it was very easy to use and has lots of functions.

Help is appriciated, I only got time till thursday to do all the work with videos and interviewings.

Thanks

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I personally use Pinnacle, although it isn't as fancy as some other programs. Premiere Pro is pretty good as well.

3. Agjsdfd
    OP

Member Agjsdfd My title

Can Pinnacle add texts, sound effects and perhaps other effects.
    I dont need a fancy programm. I will probably never use it after the project.

edit: nevermind, I have downloaded several trial softwares. Will use a bit of all off them to do the editing. Thanks anyways.

4. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Use Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere Pro.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  6. DAZA

Member DAZA Shaun's Mum

United Kingdom
    Your best bet is to start off with some simple editing software, take your time with it to see what it is capable of, take a sample clip put some text over it, then look to insert sounds, then any other effects and transitions, then once you figured it all out, go full steam on it,

If your just starting off i highly recommend pinnacle

7. Agjsdfd
    OP

Member Agjsdfd My title

Thanks for all the tips guys.
    Sadly I dont have much time to experiment around.. I need to get direct into action. Meaning I have only time till thursday. Have to submit the videos on friday.

Did few interviews today. Not many mistakes or cuts in the videos so should be easy to put things together.

Thanks again [​IMG]