Moved/Erased Tai Folder on Firmware 3.73/3.65

The_Guffman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so as the title says, I was using an SD2VITA on a 2000 model Vita, and moved the tai folder because I'm an idiot. The system was on firmware 3.73 when I got it and I believe I had downgraded to 3.65. The system settings still report 3.65 as the firmware on the system, and I'm constantly prompted to update, which leads me to believe this isn't merely spoofed (though I'm an amateur at these things so I could definitely be wrong). I also have a memory card for the system, and even tried a system restore with no luck. I've looked in some other threads, but given that my system wouldn't let me downgrade past 3.65 (I think this is because it was at 3.65 in the factory?), I don't believe I can reinstall Henkaku through the Vita browser. I'm thinking at this point I might need to start all over since even Content Manager prompts me to update the system before I can use it, but I'm worried that going back to 3.73 through official means could brick my system. I'm sorry for being dumb and having the same damn problem a bunch of people already have. Kinda felt like everything worked fine one night and after one crash I've only made the thing worse, hehe... Anyways, any help at all would be appreciated; at this point I don't mind reformatting everything and starting from scratch, I just want to be sure I'm not going to brick the Vita since it was a sentimental gift. Thanks for your time!

(Side note, I've been a lurker here for a long time but never posted; I don't know how to add tags like "Hacking" or "Homebrew" to my post. Sorry! :/)

Last edited by The_Guffman,

The_Guffman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as a minor update, I thought I had Enso installed but I guess I didn't; I don't see any custom logos on boot and I also don't see any HENkaku options under System Settings. With that in mind, is it safe to use the OFW update back to 3.73 and then start the jailbreaking process over again?

The_Guffman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make the tai folder on ux0, see if that works.
I would have tried that but I lost all access to VitaShell and any FTP stuff as well, along with any homebrew apps or plugins; I read in another thread on here that the "boot_config" file (I could be misremembering) is in the tai folder, so removing that cut off my access. Another thread and some YouTube tutorials seemed to indicate that whatever I did in the System Restore took the system back to a vanilla 3.65 OFW, so I took a gamble and updated to 3.73 again, which so far has not bricked my system. Definitely going to make sure I get Enso on there properly this time though, if that's an option. I'm still not entirely sure what caused the issues that led to me moving the tai folder in the first place, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it again. Thank you for your help!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, boot_config should be restorable with a system restore, just take the memory card out first. the boot_config is in ur0/tai , yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: