Mouse problems

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by adriande2, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009

Mouse problems by adriande2 at 2:07 AM (477 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. adriande2
    OP

Member adriande2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been having this problem with moving my mouse around the desktop lately. When I move the mouse in an upwards direction, it will just stop moving at a certain point until I move it down, and it sometime even stops working completely (even clicking). I've tried restarting the computer but that only works for a few minutes and I've tried switching mouses to see if the mouse was the problem, but it's not.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. zkamuiz

Newcomer zkamuiz Member

Canada
    If it is a mouse problem it should not have anything to do with your computer, so restarting it will be pointless. First check in the Control Panel, under the Mouse options and check to under different tabs if there is a solution.
    If you use a ball mouse, which is the old version of the mouse, then open the cover on bottom of the mouse, and clean all the dirt out.
    If you use an optical/laser mouse then blow and see if there is dust because sometimes the mouse may be very sensitive. Make sure to also install drivers for the mouse if possible, as well as make sure you the mouse on a clean surface.
    If none of that works then try borrowing a mouse from a friend, and test it out on your own to eliminate the possibility that both of your own mice are not functioning properly.