motionplus inside not compatible with some homebrews

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by september796, Dec 6, 2016.

1. september796
    OP

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I was wondering if there's a solution for those homebrews not recognizing newer wiimotes.
    Particulary GXGEO which is a neogeo emulator that I'm trying to run but can't since I have a motionplus wiimote.
    In case there's nothing I could do (besides getting an older wiimote) is there an alternative to GXGEO?

2. HeavyMetalLoser

HeavyMetalLoser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    I would also like to know, as I need a new Wiimote and I don't want to search around for a non-Montion+ model. Is there a list of what Homebrews are or aren't compatible with newer Wiimotes?

Can some at least please tell me if the SNES and Genesis emulators work with newer Wiimotes?

3. september796
    OP

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    yep.. genplus-gx and snes9xgx do.

4. HeavyMetalLoser

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Is this also true of the NES and GBA emulators? And what about Nintendont, USB Loader GX, and the Homebrew Channel itself?

5. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Those should all work except Nintendont. You can navigate but not actually play a GameCube game with *just* a wiimote

6. HeavyMetalLoser

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Just picked up a Mario themed Wiimote+ today and did some testing.

Homebrew Channel Menu - Works as normal.
    FCE GX (NES Emulator) - Works as normal and supports Classic Controller.
    Gen Plus GX (Genesis/Megadrive Emulator) - Same as above
    SNES9x GX - Same as above.
    VBA GX - Same as above

USB Loader GX - Doesn't function in menu, works normally in game. Menu can be navigated with Gamecube controller in list mode.

Nintendon't - Works normally, and can be used in-game with a Classic Controller. Treated as Player 2 if a Gamecube Controller is already plugged in when starting.

7. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    If any of you guys are haing issues with a particular homebrew app, all you need to do is recompile the app with the newer libraries which support the Wiimote with integrated Motion Plus in them.