ROM Hack Mother 3 Translation AKA Earthbound 2

MrDunk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone knows about this yet but starmen.net is translating mother 3 aka earthbound 2 and they've run into a few problems. If anyone has experience in translating/ hacking please try to give some suggestions to why they are having these problems on their site :
http://mother3.fobby.net/2007/09/08/slow-n...pdate/#more-101 An explanation should be on there too.

MrDunk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double posting but i forgot to mention if you help out starmen.net, you would be helping out about 35,000 - 50,000 fans waiting on this project----no pressure
yaynds.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have way way too much going on to commit fully to this but from the little that is posted it looks like some fairly serious hacking is needed (which would require someone fairly dedicated).
I would like to see the complete list (or just a bit more than what is detailed there) of stuff that needs doing if possible (a VFW + text/OAM stuff does not really help me: OAM could be fairly simple (especially if it is just a string in the ROM) whereas a VFW may be harder: you will have to figure out display i/o routines).
If they have a paragraph or two on the hacking that has been done (known positions of various text, pointers, graphics, binaries (especially whether the subroutines I will care about use ARM or THUMB) and compression used would be a nice start) I would not mind seeing that either.

I do not need a copy of the beta/script although I would appreciate a heads up concerning what areas of "junk" have been used for the font/text overflow etc. (granted I may need to see the new font at some point if one was made to help with one method of VFW implementation).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...