Hacking Mother 3 Sound Problems?

Decho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently got myself an updated game_config.txt, the one that's over at FileTrip. However, I still can't get the game to run correctly, and didn't notice anything for Mother 3 in there. There's some minor lag, and the sound quality is atrocious, with popping and cracking constantly. Is there a fix to this? I've tried both 1.2.1 and 1.3 for the emulator, and neither seems to work. I'm also running the game with the translation patch and using a DS Lite.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use 1.21 of NDSGBA and make sure game_config.txt is named exactly like that, without any numbers or anything in front of it. Also, game_config.txt has to be placed inside the NDSGBA folder.

Decho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked, and everything should be working. game_config.txt is named properly and in the correct folder.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. I have the same translated rom and have been playing it relatively flawlessly. Even the new game startup sequence that usually causes slowdowns and weirdness ( on an ez4 on a real gba ) doesn't happen for me.

Running 1.21 with game_config.txt, and also kept my firmware and eos up to date. Have you updated your dstwo's software lately?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only suggestion then is to try again with a clean, verified rom and download for the translation patch. Or even see if you have another microsd to try. I know some will do some weid sh*t, especially if they are going bad.

Decho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have another micro SD lying around, but I might try that if I can find a decent one for a low enough price. But I'll try the clean rom and a few other troubleshooting things, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...