Mother 3 Sound Problems?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Decho, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Decho
    OP

Decho Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    So I recently got myself an updated game_config.txt, the one that's over at FileTrip. However, I still can't get the game to run correctly, and didn't notice anything for Mother 3 in there. There's some minor lag, and the sound quality is atrocious, with popping and cracking constantly. Is there a fix to this? I've tried both 1.2.1 and 1.3 for the emulator, and neither seems to work. I'm also running the game with the translation patch and using a DS Lite.

2. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    You have to use 1.21 of NDSGBA and make sure game_config.txt is named exactly like that, without any numbers or anything in front of it. Also, game_config.txt has to be placed inside the NDSGBA folder.

3. Decho
    OP

Decho Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    I just checked, and everything should be working. game_config.txt is named properly and in the correct folder.

4. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    That's strange. I have the same translated rom and have been playing it relatively flawlessly. Even the new game startup sequence that usually causes slowdowns and weirdness ( on an ez4 on a real gba ) doesn't happen for me.

Running 1.21 with game_config.txt, and also kept my firmware and eos up to date. Have you updated your dstwo's software lately?

5. Decho
    OP

Decho Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    Yep, both the firmware and eos are up to date.

6. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    My only suggestion then is to try again with a clean, verified rom and download for the translation patch. Or even see if you have another microsd to try. I know some will do some weid sh*t, especially if they are going bad.

7. Decho
    OP

Decho Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    I don't have another micro SD lying around, but I might try that if I can find a decent one for a low enough price. But I'll try the clean rom and a few other troubleshooting things, thanks.

8. ZombiePosessor

ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    United States
    West Virginia
    How did it go?