ROM Hack Mother 1+2 Fan Translation

Almost_Anonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the bump, but I found a way to have both Mother 1 and 2 be in English. Get your Mother 1+2 ROM, then download Mato's translation and the Mother 2 English patch from here on the Github page. Patch the ROM with Mato's translation first, then use the m12.ips patch second. Once that's done, you can then play both games in English. Not sure how stable it is, but it seems to work for me. Maybe it works with the M1 color patch, I'm not sure.

Edit (1/19/23): Also, forgot to mention how to get to the ips. Go into the Github page, then go to the bottom and click "1 tags". There, click on "nightly-latest". There's your m12.ips file.

Last edited by Almost_Anonymous,
Reactions: Wolfscowl

Wolfscowl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice,
will it works if i patch the translation for mother 1 from earthboundcentral
and then patch the ips file for mother 2 from github?

Im not sure if it really works or if it will produce a crash ingame after a while

Almost_Anonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice,
will it works if i patch the translation for mother 1 from earthboundcentral
and then patch the ips file for mother 2 from github?

Im not sure if it really works or if it will produce a crash ingame after a while
Not sure, but it might. Just patch in the order I described and it should work. Same should apply with the color patch.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry about the bump, but I found a way to have both Mother 1 and 2 be in English. Get your Mother 1+2 ROM, then download Mato's translation and the Mother 2 English patch from here on the Github page. Patch the ROM with Mato's translation first, then use the m12.ips patch second. Once that's done, you can then play both games in English. Not sure how stable it is, but it seems to work for me. Maybe it works with the M1 color patch, I'm not sure.

Edit (1/19/23): Also, forgot to mention how to get to the ips. Go into the Github page, then go to the bottom and click "1 tags". There, click on "nightly-latest". There's your m12.ips file.
didnt work for me
Post automatically merged:

also is this project dead?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I hope you're not expecting that people will release tools every time they finish a project. That's kind of greedy.
the repository said that "This project aims to both complete the VWF codebase and to provide a tool for translating the game's dialogue. My new intent is to bring the hack to a state where I can just sit down and translate text efficiently in my spare time with a graphical tool. Not only that, but having such a tool means that other people can contribute!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock