Hacking most user friendly menu flash cart

triskele86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
iv owned or gifted a few flash carts over the years (r4 wood, m3i zero, acekard, r4isdhc) and some are far more user friendly in the menu design/accessibility than others...

I haven't bought one for more than a year and this next card is for a young cousin who isn't super technically proficient so which card is easiest to use? one that opens up straight to a games list would be great but what are my options?

he currently has a nintendo 2ds but being young he is likely to end up with a 3ds at some point in the future if/when that one breaks hence I posted here.

I appreciate any advice and i'm happy to take recommendations on vendors too (some of the places iv ordered from are out of business but I was thinking digitopz)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think you have to go with sky3ds+ here. I hate saying that though, cfw is better and cheaper (https://3ds.guide).

edit: actually, if you really need a menu, then sky3ds won't suffice as games are selected by pressing a button on the actual card.
The same team has a new card called stargate coming out. That is supposed to have a menu, and it's also got a cfw option. Details are scarce on this cart as it isn't released yet. http://www.stargate-3ds.com/

Last edited by zoogie,

triskele86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(wouldn't let me quote you but I appreciate your input)
damn, the emulation wasn't working the last time I got a card... I don't need 3ds game functionality if its going to cost an extra 2-3x cost, better to buy another card later.

should I repost in the 2ds forums to ask for advice on an easy to use card?

[edit]: don't mind the kitty pic, I tried everything to get the forum to let me reply but it wouldn't let me lol.

Attachments

• 22552560_983645285108315_4629970896756387366_n.jpg
    22552560_983645285108315_4629970896756387366_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 176

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the stargate menu is using the DS mode, and yet somehow has the ability to select the 3ds rom inside of it and exit back to menu.

it still uses buttons to change.

still an interesting product if it does what it promises.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
the stargate menu is using the DS mode, and yet somehow has the ability to select the 3ds rom inside of it and exit back to menu.

it still uses buttons to change.

still an interesting product if it does what it promises.
Isn't it ment, that when it is in DS mode (for playing DS games) it has menu, but when playing 3DS games they are switched via the buttons?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly suggest R4i Gold+ and CFW. 3DS flashcarts are honestly just an expensive product that can barely do half the things CFW can do.
I also highly suggest avoiding Stargate. That was supposed to have been released months ago and failed to even announce that was going to be delayed past October. It’s not worth the price when you can’t even trust them to actually release the cart in a timely manor.

Reactions: triskele86

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I honestly suggest R4i Gold+ and CFW. 3DS flashcarts are honestly just an expensive product that can barely do half the things CFW can do.
I also highly suggest avoiding Stargate. That was supposed to have been released months ago and failed to even announce that was going to be delayed past October. It’s not worth the price when you can’t even trust them to actually release the cart in a timely manor.
I think it is not official supported (yet). But maybe I am wrong.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it is not official supported (yet). But maybe I am wrong.
What do you mean? Do you mean not officially supported by the NTRBoot installer? There’s always the option to just go with the R4i Gold itself. Both can be used to install B9S through NTRBoot and have official Wood R4 support.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
What do you mean? Do you mean not officially supported by the NTRBoot installer? There’s always the option to just go with the R4i Gold itself. Both can be used to install B9S through NTRBoot and have official Wood R4 support.
Don't know how much different it is from R4i Gold, but when you look at github, it is not listed there. That's what I call official supported.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't know how much different it is from R4i Gold, but when you look at github, it is not listed there. That's what I call official supported.
The one I first posted is an R4i Gold with a switch to go between NDS mode and NTRBoot. The R4i Gold is officially supported and was one of the first carts to have NTRBoot support.
Both are basically the same hardware, except one just has the added bonus of being able to switch modes on-the-fly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...