Most stupid accident you've ever had

cherryduck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey everyone, like the title says, post your most stupid accidents. I'll start the proceedings with a little story of my own.

A couple of years ago my parents went away for a week, so me and my bro decided to recreate William Tell using an air pistol and a tin can. He went first, flinching as at least 6 shots missed and thwacked into the fence behind, before I managed to hit the can.

Next was my turn, so I knelt there at the end of the garden with the can on my head looking down the wrong end of the barrel. I was shitting myself as each pellet missed and thwacked loudly into the fence behind me, and then I saw the barrel pointing directly at me and thought, "oh shit he's gonna shoot me". The next instant a pint sized Mike Tyson landed one squarely in the top of my head and I dropped to the floor. Andy, my bro, came running over and I put my hands to the top of my head to feel a big lump buried under the skin. "Am I bleeding?" I asked him and he said in a shakey voice "Erm, I don't think I should answer that" So I brought my hands down from my head and saw them literally soaked in blood. Next thing I hear is "I'm gonna get the pliers and pull it out!" so I shouted in somewhat of a panic "No Andy, just call the ambulance!". Eventually they came, and the police did too, so as I lay in the ambulance they pulled my brother round to the side and asked what happened. He said I was picking the targets up and he accidentally fired, so when the police asked me what had happened I just mimicked his story and, thank god, they went away.

The next part of the story isn't so good, I sat for three hours in the hospital waiting room bleeding profusely from my head until they could get a surgeon to see me. As I'm terrified of needles I asked him not to inject my head with a painkiller, so instead he just stuck a pair of tweezers in, lifted my scalp and pulled out the pellet. Up until then I hadn't felt a thing, but I am not kidding that is probably the most pain I have ever felt, and in that instance my hair was dyed red as more blood pumped its way down the back of my head. I didn't know it was possible to bleed that much! Then, and this is the stupid bit, he stitched my head back up, which meant using a needle! So I might have well have just had the injection in the first place! Oh, and the funny thing is I'd texted my girlfriend as I lay waiting for the ambulance that I couldn't meet her that night as I'd just been shot in the head and the ambulance was on the way, then my battery ran out so the poor girl was terrified for a few hours as she couldn't ring through to my mobile and she didn't know how I was.

Oh and I asked if I could keep the pellet, don't ask me why I'm just weird like that
wacko.gif
and I also have a small permanent lump in the middle of my head now.

Here's a couple of pics if anyone's interested, you can even see some of my head matter in the base of the pellet:

Bow down mere mortals, for you have seen the hand of cherryduck!
evil.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We were truck surfing* once ... like 20 years ago ... and I totally missed the other truck ... over-shot it, in a big way ... rolled down an embankment, and ended up in an old river bed ... no real injuries, whatsoever ... barring cuts, scrapes & bruises ... oh, and 6 cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder ... but, it took 2 fire trucks, and about 4 hours to get me out ...

Made it into the local paper and everything ... total embarrasment for the longest time ...

* truck surfing is where two pickup trucks drive side-by-side, and you are stood on the back on one, and have to jump to the back of the other, whilst they are in motion ... not sure why we called it surfing, but hey ...

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
sinkhead said:
Play fighting over glow sticks and ending up with a broken collarbone.

Yep I read that Sinkhead.

My stupidest accident??? I can name a lot.

The following happened when I was a kid...

1) I stacked a lot of tables on a massive table then I sat on the top. I sat there for 5 minutes and then after that, it collapsed. I ended up crying, loudly...
2) I was rocking this heavy wooden chair back and forth while I was watching TV. All of a sudden I let go of it and then *BAM* my toe hurt really bad. When I looked at it, it was bleeding and the nail cracked. My dad had to cut the whole nail. I would never rock a chair, especially if it's made out of wood, any kind of wood.
3) My friend and I were playing darts. When it was my turn, I accidentally dropped the dart and landed on my friend's foot. OUCH! I think it hit a vein/artery because a lot of blood came out.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't have one as serious as that, it was more funny than anything.
I was visiting a friend at uni, and we decided to go roller blading. On our travels around town, we spotes a nice (quite steep) hill and though how fun it would be to skate down it. So after skating down a few times, eyes filling up with tear cos of the wind, I tripped on something, no idea what, but a few flips and bounces later, about half way down the hill, I managed to elbow myself in my chest, that hurt a little. Finally I reach the bottom of the hill, winded but couldn't help but see the funny side. So I'm trying to breath (and pretty much failing) and rolling about laughing. Now laughing when you can't breath is not only damn near impossible, but also very funny, which made me try to laugh harder. My friend however, twisted his neck quite bad and we had to skate to the local A&E to get him looked at.

There was also that time I fell down the stairs when taking the rubbish out to the bin, again, funny but not serious.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
We were truck surfing* once ... like 20 years ago ... and I totally missed the other truck ... over-shot it, in a big way ... rolled down an embankment, and ended up in an old river bed ... no real injuries, whatsoever ... barring cuts, scrapes & bruises ... oh, and 6 cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder ... but, it took 2 fire trucks, and about 4 hours to get me out ...

Made it into the local paper and everything ... total embarrasment for the longest time ...

* truck surfing is where two pickup trucks drive side-by-side, and you are stood on the back on one, and have to jump to the back of the other, whilst they are in motion ... not sure why we called it surfing, but hey ...

I DEMAND a scan of that article
rofl2.gif

I'm sorry, but what would possess someone to do such a thing as jump back and forth from two moving trucks? Please tell me you were young and dumb or something...
rofl2.gif

cherryduck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Bob Evil said:

rofl2.gif

I'm sorry, but what would possess someone to do such a thing as jump back and forth from two moving trucks? Please tell me you were young and dumb or something...
rofl2.gif

I second that I'd love to see a scan of that article
rofl.gif

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay out of boredom i guess ill post mine...

Okay me and my brother were 9 and 11 (I'm the youngest)

We were watching some show and then bungee jumping came up...
We thought hell we have a rope... (didn't know it was a special rope at that time)
so we found a pretty high tree with the lowest branch being 6-7 Feet off the ground
and since i was the youngest i automatically got voted in for the stupid stuff
So i climbed to the branch with the rope tied to my feet (easy to tell where this is going)
my brother held the roped and i jumped...

Didn't work obviously i fell and basically did a elbow drop onto a root and crushed my elbow... Actualy crushed my elbow and had to have 2 pins put in and were a cast for about 6 weeks

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cherryduck said:
gizmo_gal said:
Bob Evil said:

rofl2.gif

rofl2.gif

I second that I'd love to see a scan of that article
rofl.gif

I was like 15 or 16 ... it was in the 80s ... I haven't seen the article for years ...

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
razor-scooter-ms130-a3-blue.jpg
[
30 mph down a 1/4 mile 30 degree incline. I hit a rock half way down, and I did make it to the other end. No skin on the front of my right leg.

Being 12 is rough...

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fischju said:
razor-scooter-ms130-a3-blue.jpg
[
30 mph down a 1/4 mile 30 degree incline. I hit a rock half way down, and I did make it to the other end. No skin on the front of my right leg.

Being 12 is rough...
That thing caused my to break my wrist! Except I was probably going less than 5mph and along flat ground when I decided it would be fun to stick my own foot on front of the wheel causing me to flip over the handles.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was playing tag with my friend in the locker bank, and ran into the corner of a locker. Now, I have a massive scar on my head.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
only stupid accident i had was when i was trying to impress a guy on my bike i was trying to do jumps and stuff and i break way to hard and went over the handlebars, i didn't get any broken bones but a few scrapes, i just laughed it off
biggrin.gif

i must have had a lot of accidents when i was skateboarding as a kid, bmx bike too.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, this happend about 5/24/08, after i watched Iron Man with friends, two girls came along. One of the girls, tried to "rape" me. Tried to take cloths/pants off. I started running like shit, then i went into the bathroom, locked the door, but the other girl was in the bathroom, and we ended up making out LOL.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SavageWaffle said:
Well, this happend about 5/24/08, after i watched Iron Man with friends, two girls came along. One of the girls, tried to "rape" me. Tried to take cloths/pants off. I started running like shit, then i went into the bathroom, locked the door, but the other girl was in the bathroom, and we ended up making out LOL.

At your age? Yeah, right.

@ontopic
1) Bought a air pistol back in Poland and was trying it on my bike. Riding down a big hill I kept aiming on Stop signs and shooting, but then BOOM I hit a fence, flew and landed in a ditch. No really serious injuries tho.

2) Was playing at school with friends, running around the swing set and slides (long time ago, we were playing tag). I hop on to the Slide since it was the "safe zone" and then after a while jump off, but I land on my friend and break my elbow. He didn't have any injuries
tongue.gif

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i ran and jumped off a wall on to wet sand (fell about 11ft) and broke my ankle badley and almost destroyed my foot :s.

jump off a 2ft wall landed on a brick and had a very bad sprain in my foot lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out