Ever had a "physics glitch" IRL?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya, I'm not terribly active on Temp but I thought this would be a topic you'd enjoy here.

Have you ever done or seen something, in real life, that can only be described (by gamers) as a "physics glitch"?

I can think of a couple. Back in high school, walking home with a friend to his place, he put his key in the doorknob and turned it -- putting an absolutely effortless 180 degree twist in the metal key. The lock did not move whatsoever and we could barely un-twist the key by force.

A couple weeks ago that happened to me at my mailbox, but it was only about 45 degrees at most. Still, it just twisted the key with no resistance at all. That's what made me think of posting this.

Another one was from a game of Bowling (10 pin) a few years ago. I'm not a fantastic bowler but played for years and averaged around 175 points, so I'm pretty familiar with the lanes. I rolled the first ball right where it needed to be, maybe a little bit too high on the head-pin, and took out only the #1, #3, #5 and #9 pins.

You might have to look at a diagram to see what I mean, but.... that is simply impossible to do without the ball and/or struck pins hitting any of the other pins. Like those are the ones you are supposed to hit in order to wipe out the rest of them. Not only that, but when I hit the pins, they made a loud "pop" noise and seemed to jump upward and back, as opposed to the usual "crash" and scatter. Nobody who was with me at the time, including several guys who have rolled perfect games before, could figure out WTF happened.

That's it for now. Tell me your (totally true) stories.

Last edited by HelpTheWretched,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hyKEQae.jpg

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was at my grandparent's house. It was roughly build like this.
1655298938079.png

I was at that little red dot playing with a rubber ball. I tossed it against the ground, and it flew behind the TV. I searched for it for a good hour, but no luck.

Later that night, I saw something stuck between the table and wall in the east most room. Somehow, the ball had bounced behind the TV, went backwards, through three massive rooms, around a chair, and got stuck behind a table.
1655299266283.png

Crazy.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother told me of a story about when he was eating yogurt, he walked into his room and the yogurt somehow ended up falling from the ceiling onto his shoulder.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually yes had one.
So, we were about to dinner... and we used to have one of those round glass dinning table.

We were talking about the Necronomicron, as I mentioned to fam that I've already read "The Vampire's Bible" and I was curious about reading the Necro.

Suddenly, the table's crystal cracked exactly at half.
It broke, naturally, but the glass just split in half and fell to the floor without shattering. Just... crack! flop!

:mellow:

• Wow
Reactions: HelpTheWretched

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I love that we're into diagram territory already. :D

That must have been perplexing. I don't suppose they had a ninja cat?
They can't stand pets. And they weren't doing any cleaning, so that doesn't explain it either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands