Most overrated titles?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Guild McCommunist, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Post what you think are the most overrated titles/series.

1) Chrono Trigger: I've been playing it recently and I just find it to be boring and the combat to be unorganized and sloppy
    2) Megaman: Anything past the originals. It seems like it has become less about gameplay and more about tagging the name "Megaman" along with some anime-stuffed box art so that the fanboys will gobble it up.
    3) Metroid: I thought the GBA titles were pretty good, but the 3D games are mediocore and Super Metroid ain't all that great.
    4) TWEWY: It's good, don't get me wrong, but definately not even close to the best RPG game ever made.

2. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    Download the Super Metroid hack "Super Metroid Redesign". Much better.

3. emupaul

emupaul GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    United States
    space
    The only good metroid was snes super metroid, I despise the 3d metroid they make my eyes hurt, I'll try to play the lastest one for the wii, when i get a chance. Same goes for the 3d castlevania games, they make me want to vomit, they should have did a lot better job. If they cant get it right we have to, some fan based shit should emerge sooner or later.

I also think smash brothers brawls is overated too.

4. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    First person to say the Mother series gets a beating! /offtopic
    I'd have to say all the Pokemon games. They're good, but they're all practically the same game, and they always have two versions that are exactly the same game with really insignificant changes.

I never really enjoyed Metroid games, either.

5. B-Blue

B-Blue im a slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    [​IMG]

6. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Most of the newer Final Fantasy games, including Final Fantasy 7. The older ones were good for their time, I just don't see what's so good about the newer ones.

And Super Metroid was awesome!

7. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Castlevania, the old ones were the best, the ones on N64 were good, the GBA ones were alright, the DS ones are ok, and the PS2 ones just suck.

8. Mr. Awesome/Wack

Mr. Awesome/Wack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2009
    United States
    I get all these rts, rpg's all mixed up rpg is real-person-???????

I sooo want to play super metroid

I never knew people couldn't enjoy metroid...just never met a person that didnt like it...

9. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Most people would say the N64 ones were the worst, though I liked them also. I do find the DS ones better. The fighting game for the Wii... I just won't get into that one.

10. Invalidrobot

Invalidrobot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Dover, OH
    Final Fantasy

11. Cablephish

Cablephish Show me...

Apr 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    3D Zelda games get on my nerves. I've always been more partial to GBA Zelda games.

I don't exactly hate Mario Kart Double Dash, but I really disliked the game when it was getting more appraise than F-Zero GX. That really got on my nerves.

12. Uzumakijl

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    Oh god, FF7 Is extremelly overrated really! I don't get what's that nice about it...

13. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Halo - it's probably the most boring, half assed and mediocre shooter ever created. Any game that provides aim assisting because of shitty dual analog design is instantly garbage as it takes away from the skill of the game. Keyboard + mouse FPS's FTW!

God of War - honestly, I don't understand what is so great about that franchise, it's lame button mashing, to me it's about as shitty as Prince of Persia and Assassins Creed

Wii Sports - what a bunch of simplistic bollocks, Nintendo seriously needs to be kicked in the bag for that shit, it's just atrocious

WarCraft 3 - I own WarCraft 3 and have played through it a few times, former WoW player as well and I found that more enjoyable on so many levels. Yes, the WarCraft series has an excellent storyline, but WC3 is just completely dumb, the voice acting and the way the story is presented is just garbage, the characters lack all the badass attitudes and emotions that you see playing through WoW, especially in the Lich King expansion where the cinematics are actually cool and worth watching.

14. naglaro00

naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Jun 5, 2009
    Pulse
    +1 to FF7

15. NightKry

NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Like, here?
    Most all the FF games... But square does make nice character designs, I have to give them that.
    I prefer Tales game to FF games...

Chrono Trigger as well. That or the DS release was overhyped.

16. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Sure, if you like anorexic metrosexual male characters cause thats all Square does now [​IMG]

17. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    Final Fantasy 7+
    Halo
    GTA3 & 4 (Yeah, I said it. Probably one of the most formulaic games ever made.)
    TF2 (Not nearly as fun as TFC for me.)
    MGS 2+ (More formulaic shit.)

18. emupaul

emupaul GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    United States
    space
    Motral Kombat Armageddon.

19. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    Halo - utter bollocks

Metroid - utter bollocks

PES - I'm a FIFA man, never got on with it

[edit]
    Oh yeah, can't forget Tekken - complete and uter bolllocks

20. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Street Fighter After Alpha 2
    Halo
    FF 7, X, X-2, and 11 (7 is just plain overrated, X-2 was overhyped but turned out terrible, and I don't see anything great with 11)
    Armored Core (Japan only)