newg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like reading the stickies of essentials, and under rated games, but i thought it would be nice to list games that seem to get great press, and you can't see why.

I'll start.

Elite Beat Agents: It's an interesting premise, but the game survives on quirkiness alone, if you get past the quirky idea, you're actually left with a hollow and unrewarding game.

Sonic Rush Adventure: classic sonic gaming is ruined by the pointless and annoying adventure parts between zones.

Trauma Center 1 & 2: Suffers from the same problems as Elite Beat Agents, but the story's so bad it may as well not be there. An interesting premise that's fun for a bit, but gets boring fast.

What games do you think are over-rated? games that everyone seems to love but you just find tedious? I think this could be an interesting thread.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't say they're overrated, but I really suck at rhythm games .
sleep.gif

I guess Rhythm Heaven is overrated though, if only because it looks really short if you have any semblance of rhythm. Another game I find overrated is Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing like the console versions and I can't stand the people who seem deadset on saying it is.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
*grab flame shield and fire-proof clothing*

hmm, grand theft auto? i don know about u guys but for my first gta it feels pretty overhyped to me, for the "first" M rated game in the DS, i don know.. i was expecting much more than pictures of drugs and the F word being repeated so many times, i was expecting some sort of nudity, even if its just babes in bikini, but nope, just pictures of drugs, pixeled blood and F word muttered so many times. and open world is nice and all, but why can't i enter police station or hospitals even those scratch card store even if all i can do is enter and walk and talk to the shop owner, that might interest a little...

Brocktree

Trophies
XP
Country
Some people are going to shout at me for this but...Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days since i find it quite repetitive in the missions.

rainwhore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All Pokemon RPGs on the DS.

Especially Platinum.

I don't know, considering the series is 10+ years old, I expected.. more. And battles are so slow, even with all the options switched off, that levelling the little monsters up is a chore in itself. I don't understand why they needed to add more monsters, I knew the original batch, then the new ones very well. Now it's just exactly the same, but with different monsters. I dunno. I felt cheated. :-(

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before I say what I think is the most overrated...

Shut up if you don't agree with me
tongue.gif

Megaman. All of em. People think it's so good even though gameplay is the same (I'm looking at you, Starforce and Battle Network...)

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I love Rhythm Heaven, may be it's not for everyone.

I think GTA is way overrated. I played it some hours but didn't like it.

And there is the Suikoden RPG which is overrated too.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GTA Chinatown wars. Fanboyed by so many. I honestly think GTA is a terrible idea for a game and makes drugs, theft and gangs seem 'cool' to kids. [I could go on] Flame me idc

Rhythm Paradise. It's....so....HARD! Plus it's not that fun.

TWEWY or 'It's a wonderful world'.......................Flame me idc again

Lego Batman and indiana jones. Same boring repetitive and fugly.

Yu Gi Oh World Chamipionships 2009. NOT 08, only 09 (Stardust accelerator) - YuGiOh Used to be ace, now it's got all cheesy and random. For Instance: Card Battles on a moving vehicle. wow. What's the big difference.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm not sure any of the Phoenix Wright games ever garnered a score above an 8, but yeah, I agree, I think they're over-rated, at least as far as their fan base goes.

For me, though, I'd say Planet Puzzle League and Picross were both way, way over-rated. Both games can be fun diversions, but to be among DS' most highest-rated games is absurd to me.

Oh yeah...and THE #1, most-over-rated game "evar": Chrono Trigger. As an SNES game, it was well deserving of all the accolades it received. As a 14-year-old port to DS, no...it MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT deserve to be the #2 game on Metacritic.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
Oh yeah...and THE #1, most-over-rated game "evar": Chrono Trigger. As an SNES game, it was well deserving of all the accolades it received. As a 14-year-old port to DS, no...it MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT deserve to be the #2 game on Metacritic.
I totally agree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1