♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
If midway made a Mortal Kombat game for the 3DS, would you buy it? And how do you think they would take advantage of the 3D effects?
Personally, I think Blood and guts would be flying into your face
happy.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd skip on it. I liked Mortal Kombat back in the day but I haven't enjoyed the series since....

The environments would likely stand out pretty well but I can only imagine the 3D looking great with that and finishers. I can't imagine the characters really standing out much unless the angle is changed or something (sorta like with SSFIV 3D from what I seen in a video).

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a huge fan of Mortal Kombat. Even back in the days of MK1-3, I didn't really care for it. But MK1-3 definitely beats out any of them since then.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mortal Kombat's far too bloody for me. However, my older sister is a huge fan of the series. For a side by side fighter (as opposed to a ring like structure, like Soul Calibur and the PS2 MKs), I think it'd work great. However, I think a ring fighter would put the 3D to better use - something like Broken Destiny on the PSP in 3D would look fantastic. Circling around the environments in 3D would be great. As for controls, MK is a 6 button fighter as well, so the 3DS would be fine for it. The bottom screen could be put to use like SSFIV3DE's with panels, or maybe just for fatalities. Put in StreetPass/Wifi interruption battles like in SSFIV3DE, a single, solid mini game (I actually liked the mini games. MK Chess looked cool, and the racing game was fun. It just needed tighter controls), and some kind of StreetPass simulation system, and boom, I think it'll work well. For the SP simulation battles.....instead of using figurines or trophies, maybe if they let you build a custom character, and then put that character away for SP simulation battles. When you walk by someone, that one character will do battle with someone elses, and it'll save a replay. That way, you can look at the fight afterwards.

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be exactly like all the other mortal kombats, never really liked fighting games because i dont see any replay value to it. you beat the game maybe unlock certain characters. sure you can get really good and compete with people but thats it. theres no story no adventure. Would not buy it, just my opinion dont go apeshit
happy.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No story? I'd agree on there not being a true adventure but that's just how fighting games work so you can't really use that... But to say there's no story (when there are usually plenty between the characters) just goes to show you probably haven't picked up any fighting game
dry.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
EphenSteve said:
it would be exactly like all the other mortal kombats
Yay for ignorance.
Recent Mortal Kombat games are very different than classic ones. And they're also different to each other.

QUOTE(EphenSteve @ Apr 15 2011, 02:01 AM) theres no story
Yay for ignorance times two.
I'd suggest you make some research.

Note that I'm not "going apeshit". I just think you shouldn't tag a game as another one in the bag. Specially if you don't know about it.

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
EphenSteve said:
it would be exactly like all the other mortal kombats
Yay for ignorance.
Recent Mortal Kombat games are very different than classic ones. And they're also different to each other.

QUOTE(EphenSteve @ Apr 15 2011, 02:01 AM) theres no story
Yay for ignorance times two.
I'd suggest you make some research.

Note that I'm not "going apeshit". I just think you shouldn't tag a game as another one in the bag. Specially if you don't know about it.

I am 23 years young and i have played every single Mortal Kombat to date, except the unreleased. the only mortal kombat i have ever played that had "A FUCKING STORY LINE" was the sub zero quest. every other Mortal Kombat has been Just a vs' beat'em up reguardless if they incorperated weapons and different fighting styles mortal kombat is mortal kombat. you can say im making ignorant comments but dont protect the game when im not even bashing it, i love mortal kombat i have NOTHING wrong with it. im just saying the point of the games are always similar. and i still stand with no story lines (what i mean is there is no dialog telling a story, there are no ending movies like a ton of other VS games) i have even seen the Animated story of Sub-Zero VS Scorpion/Shang VS Kang/ and Goro VS his black brother AND all of the movies the first day they were shown in the movie theaters. so dont tell me i dont know Mortal Kombat.

What you did was Assume that i knew and know nothing about Mortal Kombat. dont try to school me for adding my two cents. its a forum and the OP asked the Tempers to give their opinion so i did.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm... other than the original 4, almost every title after them had a story (and not just a "Street Fighter" story, either) - Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon, MK VS DCU, Special Forces, and Shaolin Monks. Deception and Armageddon even had Story modes, while MK vs DCU went to great lengths to flesh out a story, and Shaolin Monks was more story than anything else. Special Forces was actually the story setter, despite being a pretty bad title.

Just saying. There were long attempts from the MK team to actually build a story.

Edit
Oh, and of course, Sub-Zero Mythologies, as you mentioned.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
EphenSteve said:
I am 23 years young and i have played every single Mortal Kombat to date, except the unreleased. the only mortal kombat i have ever played that had "A FUCKING STORY LINE" was the sub zero quest. every other Mortal Kombat has been Just a vs' beat'em up reguardless if they incorperated weapons and different fighting styles mortal kombat is mortal kombat. you can say im making ignorant comments but dont protect the game when im not even bashing it, i love mortal kombat i have NOTHING wrong with it. im just saying the point of the games are always similar. and i still stand with no story lines (what i mean is there is no dialog telling a story, there are no ending movies like a ton of other VS games) i have even seen the Animated story of Sub-Zero VS Scorpion/Shang VS Kang/ and Goro VS his black brother AND all of the movies the first day they were shown in the movie theaters. so dont tell me i dont know Mortal Kombat.

What you did was Assume that i knew and know nothing about Mortal Kombat. dont try to school me for adding my two cents. its a forum and the OP asked the Tempers to give their opinion so i did.
Just a heads up... You might want to make that clear when expressing an "opinion", which in your case, that seemed more like a false statement on two different things. He didn't assume anything, he read your post as it was typed out.

Just because there aren't cut scenes and junk it doesn't mean there isn't a story. I myself haven't played the more modern Mortal Kombat games but I am still more than certain there's a STORY to it even if it may lack in dialog and cut-scenes.

EDIT: #Just Saiyan.... Ain't no beef over here
happy.gif

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well what little story the newer ones have cant really be called a story... i know theres a couple that have like an adventure mode of some type? but theres no concrete story other than what the movies and animation have given us.

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gah you guys arent getting the point. IN THE GAMES there really isnt a story. i know theres comics/movies/cartoons that explain it but im talkin games here
wacko.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You gotta really stop saying there is no story before some flamers decide to take what you say at heart and attack. Be a bit more clear because some people don't like to read.
There is a story but, from what you seem to have said, there isn't much with dialogue and cut-scenes depicting the story. If there were no story Mortal Kombat would have completely died many years ago.

Again... #Just Sayin'
I'm done here....

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
You gotta really stop saying there is no story before some flamers decide to take what you say at heart and attack. Be a bit more clear because some people don't like to read.
There is a story but, from what you seem to have said, there isn't much with dialog and cut-scenes depicting the story. If there were no story Mortal Kombat would have completely died many years ago.

THATS what i was trying to say. sorry i got a little confusing i wasnt trying to start a flame war and go off topic *which i totally did*. Again i wasnt bashing mortal kombat, i love the games even though im not very good at the title. its a game that has been around for a very long time and has done so by keeping everyone interested by taking in the players opinions and putting them into their games, so yea im done here too sorry for my "ignorance" haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...