More variety in Tomodachi Life when played on a real 3DS?

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've played Tomodachi Life in Citra emulator for some time, until I have bought a real Nintendo 3DS. I've copied my save-file from Citra to the 3DS to keep all the Mii's and stuff.

During start-up the game shows 3 pieces of food. In Citra this was always the same 3, but on the real 3DS they are different each time I start the game.

Also, when playing on the 3DS the Mii's says more different things (e.g. in Citra they only say "I'm hungry" when they need food, on the 3DS they can say 3 different things). And if they ask for some specific food, on the 3DS they ask more different items then always the same 4-5 items in Citra.

On the 3DS there are also more food en clothing items unlocked within a week then in Citra and Mii's do/say things on the 3DS they almost never did in Citra.

Is it normal that there's less variety when playing this game in Citra?

Reactions: WD40 and orangy57

WD40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Tomodachi Life in Citra emulator for some time, until I have bought a real Nintendo 3DS. I've copied my save-file from Citra to the 3DS to keep all the Mii's and stuff.

During start-up the game shows 3 pieces of food. In Citra this was always the same 3, but on the real 3DS they are different each time I start the game.

Also, when playing on the 3DS the Mii's says more different things (e.g. in Citra they only say "I'm hungry" when they need food, on the 3DS they can say 3 different things). And if they ask for some specific food, on the 3DS they ask more different items then always the same 4-5 items in Citra.

On the 3DS there are also more food en clothing items unlocked within a week then in Citra and Mii's do/say things on the 3DS they almost never did in Citra.

Is it normal that there's less variety when playing this game in Citra?
Well, as someone who owns TL, I can say that the actual system is tied to the clock and calendar. This means that yes, there would be more variety than an emulated version (I haven't used Citra before so I am unaware of any changes between the two). I assume Citra doesn't have that same internalized clock and timed drop mechanic, because it has no actual clock to refer back to.

With the actual 3DS, you have many of the systems features in play, such as StreetPass and the coins you get from the pedometer. These do unlock specific items, specific to your copy of the game, as well as offer clothing items from another Mii's island. The official version also uses the seasons and such to determine what clothing and food is available to you, and maybe applies to other items as well (ex. the rooms you can buy). With a physical system, you practically have more freedom than an emulator.

However, improvements provided with emulators are a huge upside. You can make the game run faster, you can save anywhere, you can increase the graphical fidelity of the textures, and much more. While it seems in your case, the Citra "version" is limited, its only limited by not having the accessibility of grabbing the time from a given place.

Reactions: Fien and orangy57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol