Hardware more speculation....

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of those.....who cares, it's all about the game content...and unfortunately, Wii was no where near a console that I would prefer (personally). Most of the games were utter crap, the default Wii-mote + knunchuck controller is so horrible (it actually hurts / cramp up my hands no matter how i hold it), and so on. I hated (all looking at story) Last Story, Xenoblades was just ok for me, Pandora's Tower was meh too. I haven't really enjoyed a game on the Wii since...Oboromuramasa-ish?

I want to get the Wii-U but might need to not jump on the gun for this one...unless if Super Mario Bros 4 is for the Wii-U and is a 2D scroller (don't like the 3D marios too much. i.e. Galaxy, Galaxy 2)

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm one of those.....who cares, it's all about the game content...and unfortunately, Wii was no where near a console that I would prefer (personally). Most of the games were utter crap, the default Wii-mote + knunchuck controller is so horrible (it actually hurts / cramp up my hands no matter how i hold it), and so on. I hated (all looking at story) Last Story, Xenoblades was just ok for me, Pandora's Tower was meh too. I haven't really enjoyed a game on the Wii since...Oboromuramasa-ish?

I want to get the Wii-U but might need to not jump on the gun for this one...unless if Super Mario Bros 4 is for the Wii-U and is a 2D scroller (don't like the 3D marios too much. i.e. Galaxy, Galaxy 2)
makes since. im actually already putting back for it. i want at least 600 or so dollars before i buy it, so i can stock up on games and such too. personally im hopeing for a new metroid :) nintendo needs to do some fixing, after the other m incident.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did enjoy Prime series but not M so if it's anything like Prime I'm in for it. Also, I'm sure I'm ok with the Wii-U controller because I use a tablet everyday and I did use one of those Phantasy Star Online keyboard controller for Gamecube and I was perfectly fine using those...it's just the way I have to kind of "grasp" the Wii-mote that made my hands hurt so bad. I just hope that I don't have to use the Wiimote controller at all unless if I am playing multi-player. hopefuly i can play the Wii-U with just the tablet controller..

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
I did enjoy Prime series but not M so if it's anything like Prime I'm in for it. Also, I'm sure I'm ok with the Wii-U controller because I use a tablet everyday and I did use one of those Phantasy Star Online keyboard controller for Gamecube and I was perfectly fine using those...it's just the way I have to kind of "grasp" the Wii-mote that made my hands hurt so bad. I just hope that I don't have to use the Wiimote controller at all unless if I am playing multi-player. hopefuly i can play the Wii-U with just the tablet controller..
im sure the wii remote will either be an option or backwards compatible only. i couldn't imagine nintendo forcing anyone to play a wiiu game with the remote when there is a controller for it. really i think the reason why nintendo is continuing support for the wiimote, is because of how well precieved the controls for skywards sword was. i remember, a lot of people saying if nintendo went back to regular controller format for zelda, then it would be an insult, and i can kind of see where they're coming from, but for the most part, id be more willing to play the next zelda game with the wiitab, rather than the wiimote.something about having acces to your inventory without pausing is appealing to me :D

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm one of those that hates the wii-mote for the motion too. If I want to move, I would go workout (which i do on a normal basis). That's one down side of the wii for me as well, I wish the games had an optional controller method rather than motion controls only. I also didn't buy the Wii-mote Plus because I refuse to pay for it just for zelda, which is probably the only game i would play with the + controller (and the Japanese one doesn't /didn't come with the extra mote nor a + attachment, which is what I own, JP console)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes OP, the only people who didn't know this are desperate, grasping Sony fans. The PS3 and 360 are 6-7 years old. It doesn't take much to beat that

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see WiiUBlog stepping up to my low expectations.

I really have grudges against any "consolenamehereblog.com" site because they're all shit. I remember I'd just change people's sources if they did Nintendo3DSBlog.com because that site is awful. Now WiiUBlog is stepping up with full news posts dedicated to a NeoGAF post and skipping most of the post which has a giant disclaimer at the top.

But yeah, if it doesn't look better than current gen consoles, I'll be surprised. They're getting old and if the Wii U is anything less than equal to them then that's a serious problem. But I'm not a graphics whore so I don't see myself caring.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

I really have grudges against any "consolenamehereblog.com" site because they're all shit. I remember I'd just change people's sources if they did Nintendo3DSBlog.com because that site is awful. Now WiiUBlog is stepping up with full news posts dedicated to a NeoGAF post and skipping most of the post which has a giant disclaimer at the top.

But yeah, if it doesn't look better than current gen consoles, I'll be surprised. They're getting old and if the Wii U is anything less than equal to them then that's a serious problem. But I'm not a graphics whore so I don't see myself caring.
To be fair, legit sites make articles about random gaffer posts all the time

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1)I think you are unfair to those sites, 3ds/wii u blog more specifically, specially to go as far as change it when it got the exact same info.
2)The title, not to mention the poster acknowledging that it is a rumor and speculation which seem like a disclaimer to me.
3)It look like he or she was just trying to keep it short and to the point.
4)The last sentence, lol seriously?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)I think you are unfair to those sites, 3ds/wii u blog more specifically, specially to go as far as change it when it got the exact same info.
2)The title, not to mention the poster acknowledging that it is a rumor and speculation which seem like a disclaimer to me.
3)It look like he or she was just trying to keep it short and to the point.
4)The last sentence, lol seriously?

1) All these "consolenamehereblogs" are both incredibly biased and just view whores. I mean I know you've got your Kotakus and the like that do the same thing, but they have serious advertisement costs to keep up. It's sleezy, I know, but a "Why Nintendo is Complete Shit" article will probably draw more attention than "A New Color Costume for Ryu Coming to Street Fighter". N3DSB and WUB (my new abbreviation for WiiUBlog) are just low on the food chain and whore for whoring. They're not legitimate news sites, they just repost information. I know GBAtemp does the same but we're not advertising ourselves as a news site. We're a forum. Also the retards at N3DSB need to learn to edit video, never before have I seen someone so incompetent make a video. I mean they spend this money on nice looking sets and nice quality cameras but they can't even learn to not do a fucking jump cut. You don't need a TV class or a college education in film to learn this, it's fucking basics.

2) They should not even be posting such frivolous rumors. People got pissed over this rumor but that was at least from two developers, which is shit load better of a source than "some NeoGAF poster". The whole article itself even seems to take a firm stance that they think this rumor is true.

Oh, and protip for Journalism 101: It's not a fucking editorial, don't insert your opinion. News articles are meant to be unbiased. Maybe they aren't all the time, but just because everyone else does it doesn't mean it's right. Every journalist should be taught that news is meant to be unbiased. Having half your article devoted to your opinion is just a slap in the fact to one of the basic rules of journalism.

3) Um, elaborate?

4) Yeah. I'm not a graphics whore. Deal with it. I was also poking fun at how a lot of the big Wii fans enjoy saying they "don't care about graphics" or "graphics don't make a game" but went on the defensive about the Wii U being powerful and have been trying to make a point of it.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

So a post from the Neogaf speculation thread (which I do read occasionally) is considered news now? Oh wait, this is Wii U Blog we're talking about here.

Reactions: 1 person

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
honestly, i didnt post this thread to start issues, and as for the scource, they seem to post more factual news sooner than say....ign (big gaming website btw). while ign was still in the "unknown developers calling the wiiu crap" phase, wiiu blog was reporting on vivitouch and the possibility for haptic feedback on the wiitab. of coarse, there was most likely a post site before wiiublog, no doubts there, but where do you think every game site, comes up with its info if its not directly from a gaming company or developer? the steal it from other websites :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.