Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
. Switch the console off and restore your SD card backup. You will notice that the SD card is about 1GB smaller. This is normal: Your SysNAND has been cloned to your SD card and has become the base for your EmuNAND.

someone plz explain this

I guess that the emuNAND take 1GB from the SD to work, he said: This is normal.

Also, i think that rxTool and any CFW doesn't work for the moment, i try to load it and don't work for me

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, sorry, i don't get good this step too, i dunno what things need to put back in the SD :P I don't know if i can left the Nand.bin in the PC or not.
ah this whole thing is to compicated. i got up to the point where i copy my sd to my PC then after that im confused when i select Complete EmuNAND Setup after that is done what is the next step its not clear

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

esker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm getting the black screen issue as well on launching rxMode.

Doesn't make any difference if I use menuhax or sliderhax as my entry points. I load into CtrBootManager just fine, and can hold L to get into the rxTools menu on launch, but attempting to enter rxMode either automatically or through manual menu selection just gives me a black screen.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. Switch the console off and restore your SD card backup. You will notice that the SD card is about 1GB smaller. This is normal: Your SysNAND has been cloned to your SD card and has become the base for your EmuNAND.

someone plz explain this
It asks you to make a backup of your entire SD Card - i did this by compressing he entire thing into a .rar on my desktop - in the step before that. You're supposed to (assuming you did what i did) decompress your sd card contents back onto your sd card.

as it states, the sd card memory is now a gigabyte shorter - my 4gb became a 3gb essentially - because of the space formatted for emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes, just put everything back but the nand.bin. The NAND bin is for a rainy day in case you truly fuck your 3DS over and are willing to hardmod restore it.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It asks you to make a backup of your entire SD Card - i did this by compressing he entire thing into a .rar on my desktop - in the step before that. You're supposed to (assuming you did what i did) decompress your sd card contents back onto your sd card.

as it states, the sd card memory is now a gigabyte shorter - my 4gb became a 3gb essentially - because of the space formatted for emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes, just put everything back but the nand.bin. The NAND bin is for a rainy day in case you truly fuck your 3DS over and are willing to hardmod restore it.
ok i think i got past that but now
11. Menuhax should now lead you to the CTRBootManager screen. From here, you can launch rxTools or the Homebrew Launcher.

how do i launch rxtoals from crtboot?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i think i got past that but now
11. Menuhax should now lead you to the CTRBootManager screen. From here, you can launch rxTools or the Homebrew Launcher.

how do i launch rxtoals from crtboot?
Anytime Menuhax would usually give you HBL, if all goes correctly and you put the files where they should be (be sure to make sure your boot.cfg is fixed!!) it will send you to rxTools pretty cleanly straight from the ctrbm gui.

I'm sorry, what exactly do I download from gateway?

Assuming you're between 4.0-8.1 and installing cfw, launcher.dat. If you're in 9.0-9.2 like everyone should be, iirc, nothing.

Reactions: KingVamp

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem with the tinyformat, when i try to install it, the FBI launch me this:

Attachments

• IMG_20160104_040141.jpg
    IMG_20160104_040141.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 176

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the tinyformat, when i try to install it, the FBI launch me this:
You'll have to delete a couple .db files in your "Nintendo 3DS" folder iirc. I don't remember exactly which, just that one is title .db (or .dbs i'm not sure) and that the other is in the same folder.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anytime Menuhax would usually give you HBL, if all goes correctly and you put the files where they should be (be sure to make sure your boot.cfg is fixed!!) it will send you to rxTools pretty cleanly straight from the ctrbm gui.

Assuming you're between 4.0-8.1 and installing cfw, launcher.dat. If you're in 9.0-9.2 like everyone should be, iirc, nothing.

Yeah. Misread. Really need to get some sleep.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there any video tutorial on this? this is all very confusing i cant seem to get rxtools to launh emunand how do i even know if i actually have a emunand?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any video tutorial on this? this is all very confusing i cant seem to get rxtools to launh emunand how do i even know if i actually have a emunand?

PM me tomorrow sometime after ten. I'd do it now, but I'M SO GOD DAMN TIRED WHY AM I UP TRYING TO RESET AN EMUNAND

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok when i run complete emuannd setup it doesn't seem to actually take up any space on the sd after the format i have like only 15mb used with 3 files. this isint right is it? it says it should take up a 1gb of space

D

Deleted User

ok when i run complete emuannd setup it doesn't seem to actually take up any space on the sd after the format i have like only 15mb used with 3 files. this isint right is it? it says it should take up a 1gb of space
It says that the total space of the SD should be 1gb less.

yeggasd

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is it possible for n3ds xl (9.9.0-26U) to have ironhax?
I am currently unable to find anything (including ironfall v1.0) from the old eshop. Is it because i have not used the legit eshop before as my 3ds is new.
I have menuhax installed.

Katanira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3ds XL running sysnand 9.2.0-20U. All appeared to be going well until I tried to figure out the Region and Version for the FBI injection. I keep getting "Missing Health & Safety info".
I tried to load the emuNand from rxTools that I had made before the attempt at injection and I got the error: "Failed to load native firm: 5"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU