Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That menu will open, I have access to all of the settings, but when trying to actually boot rxmode, either directly from the menu or letting it autoboot, just hangs on a black screen. However when loaded from browserhax into ctrbootmanager, everything works as intended
That just about defies all logic.
I'd try reinstalling Menuhax and getting a fresh CTRBootManager boot.3dsx for good measure. And placebo.
In any case, I've just updated the guide to link to Steveice10's not-highly-hazardous sysUpdater instead of a build that reinstalls NATIVE_FIRM dead first and deletes the whole goddamn system title library without even waiting for the .cias to successfully install.

none of this makes sense where is firmware.bin / 0004013820000002.bin? trying to install CFW on 9.2

"9.2" tells me nothing.
If you're on an O3DS, make a .bat file with the script in the spoilers in the Requirements section.
If you're on a N3DS, firmware9.5.bin/firmware9.2.bin on Google and rename to firmware.bin.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz,

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd try reinstalling Menuhax and getting a fresh CTRBootManager boot.3dsx for good measure. And placebo.
In any case, I've just updated the guide to link to Steveice10's not-highly-hazardous sysUpdater instead of a build that reinstalls NATIVE_FIRM dead first and deletes the whole goddamn system title library without even waiting for the .cias to successfully install.

"9.2" tells me nothing.
If you're on an O3DS, make a .bat file with the script in the spoilers in the Requirements section.
If you're on a N3DS, download 0004013820000002.bin from the Pastebin it tells you to Google for.
im on a mac is this possible?

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"9.2" tells me nothing.
If you're on a N3DS, download 0004013820000002.bin from the Pastebin it tells you to Google for.
I've reformatted and rerun your tutorial twice, with fresh downloads both times, is it possible that menuhax 2.1 is the culprit? Should I try and aquire menuhax 2.0?

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've reformatted and rerun your tutorial twice, with fresh downloads both times, is it possible that menuhax 2.1 is the culprit? Should I try and aquire menuhax 2.0?
Oh wow, there's a Menuhax 2.1? The scene sure does move fast.
I'm still on 2.0, and although I've heard three or so reports from contacts of Menuhax 2.1 plus rxTools working A-OK, it's definitely still worth a shot.

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, there's a Menuhax 2.1? The scene sure does move fast.
I'm still on 2.0, and although I've heard three or so reports from contacts of Menuhax 2.1 plus rxTools working A-OK, it's definitely still worth a shot.
Yeah I believe the homebrew starter that you link to at the very beginning uses 2.1

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed menuhax 2.1, but cannot launch it. how do you launch it?
From the homebrew launcher, if you have no other entry points set up then browserhax is your best bet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From the homebrew launcher, if you have no other entry points set up then browserhax is your best bet
Otherwise if it is all configured already then you reboot and hold left trigger while you do it

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the menuhax menu, there is no option to run it. I already installed it but dont see a way to run it.

Holding L while booting the 3DS just takes me to homebrew launcher
Then it's working, menuhax gains you access to the homebrew launcher in a default setup

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted into menuhax from hbl. isn't one of these supposed to auto boot at boot?
You can change menuhax to autoboot without holding any buttons, I have mine configured to do just that, when I power on my O3DS it loads menuhax automatically, which in turn loads ctrbootmanager for me

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is menuhax better than HBL?
Does HBL do the same ?
How do I autoboot either of them please?
Menuhax is just a transparent entry to anything else, load up menuhax manager from hbl, choose I believe the 3rd option down for configure, and choose type 2 for running payload when PAD does not match and set it to left trigger again, that way when you do NOT hold l, it will autoboot whatever program you have set, either hbl or ctrbootmanager

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"switch the console off and restore your SD card backup. You will notice that the SD card is about 1GB smaller. This is normal: Your SysNAND has been cloned to your SD card and has become the base for your EmuNAND" this confuses me do u delete whats on the sd card now or just write all the original files over?

PLZ someone help

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch that before.
Whilst this DOES cause a boot.cfg missing error in CTRBootManager, it doesn't cause blackscreens.
Fixing that now.

Well, fixing the boot.cfg did fix *my* blackscreen so *shrugs*. YMMV.

Anyway, successfully downgraded and CFW'd both my 2DS and my fiancee's 3DS following this tutorial now, so great work man, thank you.

Last edited by Insidious611,
Reactions: Sgt. Lulz

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't worry, this one won't be as excessively long.
Here are some things you should know:
NNID can and will most likely act funny if you have an associated NNID in SysNAND.
You will not be able to play DSiWare/GBA VC titles directly from EmuNAND, but:
It's a lot safer,
Makes SysNAND and EmuNAND act as completely different systems,
Fixes that obnoxious giftwrap glitch,
And allows you to change themes freely without changing it in SysNAND and ruining your Menuhax.

REQUIREMENTS:
TinyFormat: https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases

1. Put TinyFormat.cia somewhere on your SD card.
2. Boot up EmuNAND.
3. Go into Health & Safety: This will open FBI instead.
4. Install TinyFormat.cia to SD card.
5. Go back to the home menu and open TinyFormat.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Reboot your emuNAND.
8. Yep, you'll have to perform First-Time Setup again. Don't worry, it'll be over after you do so.
9. Congrats: SysNAND and EmuNAND are now two seperate entities. As long as you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you're in EmuNAND, it's safe to run System Update.

I have a question with the step in bold, now that i can load de emunand, is secure to update to 10.3?

And another question, now i can't delete the nand.bin from the SD? I have the backup in my PC

Last edited by Domukuro Wolfield,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quiiiiick question, how do I retain all my DLC etc through making emuNAND if I'm meant to format the emuNAND and not sysNAND?

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
. Switch the console off and restore your SD card backup. You will notice that the SD card is about 1GB smaller. This is normal: Your SysNAND has been cloned to your SD card and has become the base for your EmuNAND.

someone plz explain this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u