Homebrew moonshell wont work please help!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kurtsky said:
Finally got moonshell to work!
Downloaded from official acekard2 website.

When I run it has error. something about "are you sure moonshell is in the correct
directory? and have i enabled resume mode" ?

Then inside moonshell, lots CPU Overflow messages.
But moonshell works. Just the black screens.

AK2i AKAIO 1.5 Kingston 4GB SDHC
Follow what I said here, but possibly try reformatting your card first (always backup xD) before you try it. If you do get it loading correctly, make sure to turn off Diskcheck since it causes some problems for people (I turn it off because it makes it take longer to load up xD).

QUOTE(vendula @ Nov 5 2009, 08:34 PM) got everything up to date! AKAIO, whoohoooo... At first I got an error on Moonshell but I reformatted the sd card and everything is great, even that one game works now, so awesome:) Thank you so much... now my new challenge is to put some movies on..

xD Congrats on getting it all to work. A good place for dpg movies in general is gbatmw.net or just converting yourself (there is a "Link to dpgtools" or something like that in the [timestamp]Moonshell2.0xStable folder and you can look over what options it has and apart from that its just a drag and drop). As a forewarning, a bit of the stuff from gbatmw.net are converted using an older version of the dpgtools, so some of the videos desync from the audio when using the seek functions (not a problem if you watch from start to finish all in one sitting).

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... Thanks! I think I tried it once with dpg tools, I'm not sure if I remember but it seemed more work than just putting it into dpg converter. Who knows what I did there, but I use xilisoft which is a free converter. I'm sure you know it, to me all this is new but I am learning quite a bit! I did get a chance to put a full movie in last night. The only thing > is that I was not able to fastforward or go back it seemed. I tried to move the line where it is moving that jumped a bit like 10 minutes over > but the problem is, it wouldn't go back.. So even when I shut off the dsi and went back it would start the movie from that point (10 minutes in). Is that the only way it will play? I even erased it, put it back on the sd card and it still started again 10 mins in where it left off. I did have the whole movie, so that was not a problem. I wonder if it is simply that primitive and you are forced to watch it once started.. or is it me, lol oh and Thanks for the site!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, generally dpgtools is better (at least in my opinion. I find that I have less problems with stuff although on some occassions, strange things happen, like the audio vanishing on some of my videos).
You could possibly try SUPER from erightsoft or BatchDPG.

About the movie that you converted, it is probably having problems because of the conversion (some of the commercial converters seem to do strange things). It might be possible to fix that ten minute thing by changing the resume function in the video options (press start or select while watching a video) and then replaying the movie. Most likely though, if you attempt to seek with that video, the audio will desync and it will take a while to seek the position in the video.

Generally, if you learn to use dpgtools I find that it can seek very well (no strange macro-blocking where the two screens seem to mix and blend together before the video rights itself, as well as quickly getting to the frame that you are looking for), its usually smaller in file size. It just can't convert every video format to dpg (i think). You can try just opening dpgtools and drag/drop your movie and see if it works out (since if it does, then it saves a whole lot of hassle with converting xD).

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to reply so late, school work.. so yes I wonder how do I access these dpg tools? I assumed it was in moonshell folder , i typed it in search besides looking, but nothing there . And what is it for to convert? for example could I convert avi to dpg there? I assumed there could be some other face options like fastforward, rewind etc. Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For DPGTools, if you just open up your moonshell 2 folder (if you still have it on your desktop), there is a file called "_LinkToDPGEncoder_動画変換へのリンク.bat" that will take you straight to dpgtools. Its probably useful to change the language to English (so the GUI not disorienting to English speakers) which is the middle option and just choose .ENG from the drop down menu.

I haven't really tried converting a ton of different file types, but I've tried .avi, .wmv, .rm, and .flv
I think it also works with .mp4 because I remember converting a video from .mp4 format, but I don't remember if there was anything wrong with it.

Actually, dpgtools is pretty primitive in terms of anything, but converting. There are no options to view the converted file, and the only things that you can really do is change properties of the output and choose the thumbnail picture.

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, even that file isn't in my moonshell folder, I'm not sure why.. Oh and I ment in the actual moonshell when you are playing the video on ds that i wish it could rewind, rather the arrow takes you to previous different video.. Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh xD! Well here are the dpgtools. [Click]

As far as "rewinding/fast forwarding" goes, there is either the seek bar, the D-Pad (up,down,left,right are -30sec,+30sec,-5sec,+5sec respectively), or probably the most like fastforward/rewind buttons (or at least conveniently placed), holding either L or R to jump -5sec or +5sec respectively.

(unfortunately for myself, my L/R buttons are unresponsive TT-TT curses dust that gets inside)

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I will try it! > you try this for your L/R buttons > I know it will sound silly and to easy > but it get mine back working.. I guess do one at a time since it needs to be done quick
1. Tap all around your button hard with your hand
2. wet a Q-tip and drip some water into the holes of the buttons (the tiny openings) It will not damage your ds, no worries
3. let it sit for few secs only so it gets in, then blow hard into those holes few times
4. restart and see if it works!
This trick fixed mine!

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, the D pad did the trock, I didn't even think of that:) that's good enough and when I pressed start it gave me the options, it had an individual resume selected, so now I can just go to the beginning of the movie. So that was fixed, Thank you! Although your answers basically solved my problem, I prefer to know the options, so I will give it a try with the DPG tools. Only I am not sure now since I downloaded it separately what should I do. I assume put it in moonshell folder? And once there, when I would like to convert a movie, do I do that on pc or in ds? Also which folder/file in dpg would I enter in order to convert.
By the way hope your L/R gets fixed!
smile.gif
Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't really have to put the dpgtools anywhere specific. You could even extract the files right onto your desktop and probably still be all good. Dpgtools is for the computer though (there isn't anything that can convert videos to dpg format from the DS).

To use dpgtools, just look for "dpgenc.exe" and execute it (and then you can change the language like I said earlier, though you don't have to). For conversion options, really you can only change the audio bitrate and volume, as well as the video aspect ratio, bitrate, framerate, and brightness, blur (dunno why anyone would want to blur a video), or flip the video. Apart from that, you can change the process's priority (dunno what this would do), and select a thumbnail image (its in the "show log" option).

Oh, you can also get videos directly from youtube, but for some reason, that always gave me problems.

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks.. I actually started with youtube videos and they worked pretty well for me. Did you get a chance to work on your L/R buttons? Or you probably already knew that. Well what seems to be happening whenever changing skins for acekard (I have them in IU folder) it stops working. Lets say it changes to mario skin and then I dont have an arrow available no more to go to other skins. so that skin stays. Only once I reboot the ds the whole card goes blank. When I erase it sometimes it works , or I get everything out and copy folders over to sd from my backup and everything works good again. I noticed the aio main folder was missing just about everything after that happened. So I wonder, are these just bad skins? that actually get rid off data like that?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't usually use my L/R buttons anymore, but if I ever need to, I'll try that out.
Unfortunately, I have no idea what your acekard is doing (xD way out of my information zone since my R4 probably doesn't work the same as an acekard in terms of skins). You could probably try asking the over at the AceKard section, since they know a lot more about Acekards than I do.

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, no problemo:) as long as it works.. and if doesn't I can fix it1 Thanks to you. Much appreciated! Vendula

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi.. I know this is somewhat off the topic but you have helped me previously quite a bit.. so I can't help it
bow.gif
anyway.... my dsi have been working great.. I have dsi > acekard 2i.. now no matter what I do the dsi does not recognize the card what so ever. I believe you have even helped me to get the aio andal needed firmware to get it work to beging with. It was great for a while. I'm not sure what should I do, hopefully I'll catch you here. I appreciate it, Thanks! Vendula

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I looked around in the Acekard section (acekard still isn't my strong point, since I don't have one xD) to see some of the things that could cause an Acekard to not register with the DSi and these are the four things that I think could be possible:
1) Your DSi's firmware may be version 1.4 and your acekard is not updated to deal with it yet (although in the other thread, you said you might have).
2) Your contacts of the flashcart and/or microSD are not connecting with the contacts in the DSi.
3) Something in your microSD has turned to the dark side.
4) Your acekard betrayed you for flashcart heaven.

Easiest thing to check first, take a quick glance at your DSi's version by clicking SETTING (with the Tool Icon) on the main menu and checking the right hand corner of the top screen which will say something along the lines of VER 1.X. Then just do a little bit of remembering if you updated the DSi since the last time your acekard worked, or if the icon of your Acekard (while on the DSi's menu) was the Acekard logo.
If your DSi's version is 1.4 and you don't remember updating and have never seen the acekard logo while on the DSi's menu, then you probably had a DSi version 1.4 already and your acekard doesn't need an update against version 1.4. On the other hand, if you do remember updating and your acekard stopped working right after, then you need to update your acekard (follow Lolzed's instructions on the other thread).

Second best thing to try is the paper trick (you can find out about it all over the forum but anyways). The paper trick is super simple and helps contact issues. Just get a bit of paper and slide it between the sticker of your acekard and the inside of the DS to press the contacts together.

Third option is to check your microSD either by trying your acekard with a different microSD or by simply backing up the entire microSD, reformatting the microSD, and then just place the basic core firmware needed (because if your DSi isn't recognizing your acekard with the basic necessities in combination with the paper trick, there might be a bigger problem at hand). If it works, then all is well and you can put your old stuff back (and if it fails once you put everything back on, then you know its one or some of the files that you have backed up).

Probably the worst scenario, something bad has happened to your Acekard and something in the acekard itself has failed. I don't think this scenario is likely, but it is totally possible and unfortunately, I would have no idea how to help you with that. Of course, from what I've heard, the acekard team is pretty great and may replace your card if it is defective. Just make sure you try everything before concluding that your acekard has left the working world.

Please remember that I have never owned nor ever touch an acekard2i and your problem may be (but is not limited to) one of the four possibilities I have mentioned, or it may be something completely different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy