Moonshell v2 "mini-apps"?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hachibei, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Hachibei
    OP

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    So I'm just wondering if there are any other "mini-apps" for Moonshell v2, aside from the image viewer and alarm clock that comes bundled with it.

2. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    mini-apps? umm...pretty much any homebrew that works (most if not all of them if you are using the moonshell 2 + ysmenu combo) and doesn't require the .nds file to be in a certain place (such as the root of the microSD).

3. ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2007
  4. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I believe Moonshell has a 2mb limit on what homebrew it can launch.
    Just use your flashcart's firmware instead.

5. ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2007
    That's a new one on me...got any references to folks having that problem?

6. jurassicplayer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Yeah its true. I've tried it before at some point in time, though I don't remember what the limit was (so it might be 2 mb). After that I found out how to make YSMenu play nice to my flashcart so the limit never bothered me after that.

7. ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2007
    Interesting. An we are talking about Homebrew rather than retail ROMs?

8. jurassicplayer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    I thought we were....aren't we? (then again, I can't even remember what I was trying to use...maybe it was that Nyanroll/Rickroll thing from some time ago...Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I ever got those two to work...lol so maybe it wasn't because of moonshell 2...testing time)

-edit-
    Yeah, I just tried the Nyanroll thing again and apart from being awesome and working on YSMenu, it fails to work with the original moonshell 2 loader. Unfortunately, the file can't really help us find the actual limit...its like a 12mb file (the rickroll one is 24mb)...at least that is what the filebrowser on Moonshell 2 says. But they aren't exactly apps that have everyday use, so there shouldn't really be a problem (most homebrew apps are smaller than 2mb anyways). I'm so keeping the nyanroll and rickroll on my ds now lol.