Hacking moonshell sound quality not that great

sumpm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really noticed a sound quality problem on my DS and Moonshell. I usually connect it to the stereo in the car and it sounds just like my mp3 player. I did have some "clicks and pops" as well as music playing too fast in DS Organize, but that may be due to my SC Slot2.

If you want to try something different to check quality in Moonshell, try converting some songs to ogg format and see if there is a quality difference. As another user said, if Moonshell says "ID3 tags missing" or something similar, convert ID3 to V1.0, or try ogg.

MeTaL_\m/_M

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really noticed a sound quality problem on my DS and Moonshell. I usually connect it to the stereo in the car and it sounds just like my mp3 player. I did have some "clicks and pops" as well as music playing too fast in DS Organize, but that may be due to my SC Slot2.

If you want to try something different to check quality in Moonshell, try converting some songs to ogg format and see if there is a quality difference. As another user said, if Moonshell says "ID3 tags missing" or something similar, convert ID3 to V1.0, or try ogg.

Tags aren't missing.. Doesn't matter what I convert it to the quality is still lacking. I'm not an class A audiophile. I would say I am some where around h or l... Trust me a true audiophile would not even TRY to listen to music with the ds. They would laugh at it. Where as I said I can deal with it in certain situations where I can not take the ds and an mp3 player with me.

BTW I picked up a Creative Zen V. Not the best mp3 player ever but good enough for to listen to tunes with. MUCH better quality than the ds. Pretty cheap as well. Payed 30$ for it.

Thanks for all the info btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse