Hacking Moonshell Problem

Boo_hoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Acekard 2i with the Akaio firmware and I tried to get Moonshell working for it but for some reason it doesn't work.
I have the moonshell folder on the root and the nds. file and when I execute it asks for the launguage, i select English then for a split second it i think it says it's starting but then it goes to this:
QUOTE said:
An error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file. Please confirm the folowings:
Was Rom file of correct DLDI patch started?
Please re-format the media and try again.
Please try with different media from another manufacturer.
And on the top screen it says:
QUOTEMoonShell Ver 2.08 stable booting...
Extention memory was not found.

Any tips or advice on what to do would be really helpful,
Thanks.

FirstDuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
are u putting plenty of games in the sd card?? if yes after u format ur sd card with panasonic sd formatter, extract akaio and moonshell to ur sd card and run it. turns off the disk check on moonshell. ok now u can load ur game on it

Boo_hoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FirstDuke said:
are u putting plenty of games in the sd card?? if yes after u format ur sd card with panasonic sd formatter, extract akaio and moonshell to ur sd card and run it. turns off the disk check on moonshell. ok now u can load ur game on it
I am not trying to load games from it. I want to use it as a media player, like playing videos and music.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
When Moonshell 2 freezes while starting it usually means your sd has errors. Try this: copy all of the files on your micro sd to your computer and refomat.

BTW pretty much everyone gets those errors messages every time they start Moonshell 2. The error messages have nothing to do with the freezing.

FirstDuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Boo_hoo said:
FirstDuke said:
I am not trying to load games from it. I want to use it as a media player, like playing videos and music.

i noe u are not loading from it, but if ur sdcard used too much capacity, moonshell 2 will freeze... the reason of it, "i think" is due to the disk check. so juz dun load anything bside ur akaio and moonsell 2 to ur sd card. juz run the moonshell 2 and untick the disk check thing. after that oni u start load ur stuff into ur sd card

if u dun mind u can use moonshell 1.71, although the interface not tht nice, but it does not have any problem

correct me if i wrong
rolleyes.gif

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FirstDuke said:
Boo_hoo said:
FirstDuke said:

i noe u are not loading from it, but if ur sdcard used too much capacity, moonshell 2 will freeze... the reason of it, "i think" is due to the disk check. so juz dun load anything bside ur akaio and moonsell 2 to ur sd card. juz run the moonshell 2 and untick the disk check thing. after that oni u start load ur stuff into ur sd card

if u dun mind u can use moonshell 1.71, although the interface not tht nice, but it does not have any problem

correct me if i wrong
rolleyes.gif
Moonshell 1.71 doesn't play DPG4 videos, and the ones it does play are very jumpy. Only some videos are truly good.

It might be a contact issue. I get those error messages every time I boot Moonshell. I think the only way to get rid of those is to make Moonshell 2 the default OS to your Acekard.

Try to format the SD card. Next, clean it with a cotton swab and a very small amount of rubbing alcohol dabbed on it (alcohol is optional). It worked for my SuperCard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro