Moonshell Problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Boo_hoo, Dec 9, 2009.

Dec 9, 2009

Moonshell Problem by Boo_hoo at 5:28 PM (1,850 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Boo_hoo
    OP

Newcomer Boo_hoo Member

Ireland
    I have an Acekard 2i with the Akaio firmware and I tried to get Moonshell working for it but for some reason it doesn't work.
    I have the moonshell folder on the root and the nds. file and when I execute it asks for the launguage, i select English then for a split second it i think it says it's starting but then it goes to this:
    Any tips or advice on what to do would be really helpful,
    Thanks.

2. FirstDuke

Newcomer FirstDuke Member

Malaysia
    are u putting plenty of games in the sd card?? if yes after u format ur sd card with panasonic sd formatter, extract akaio and moonshell to ur sd card and run it. turns off the disk check on moonshell. ok now u can load ur game on it

3. Boo_hoo
    OP

Newcomer Boo_hoo Member

Ireland
    I am not trying to load games from it. I want to use it as a media player, like playing videos and music.

4. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    When Moonshell 2 freezes while starting it usually means your sd has errors. Try this: copy all of the files on your micro sd to your computer and refomat.

BTW pretty much everyone gets those errors messages every time they start Moonshell 2. The error messages have nothing to do with the freezing.

5. FirstDuke

Newcomer FirstDuke Member

Malaysia
    i noe u are not loading from it, but if ur sdcard used too much capacity, moonshell 2 will freeze... the reason of it, "i think" is due to the disk check. so juz dun load anything bside ur akaio and moonsell 2 to ur sd card. juz run the moonshell 2 and untick the disk check thing. after that oni u start load ur stuff into ur sd card

if u dun mind u can use moonshell 1.71, although the interface not tht nice, but it does not have any problem

correct me if i wrong [​IMG]

6. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Moonshell 1.71 doesn't play DPG4 videos, and the ones it does play are very jumpy. Only some videos are truly good.

It might be a contact issue. I get those error messages every time I boot Moonshell. I think the only way to get rid of those is to make Moonshell 2 the default OS to your Acekard.

Try to format the SD card. Next, clean it with a cotton swab and a very small amount of rubbing alcohol dabbed on it (alcohol is optional). It worked for my SuperCard.