• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• A Little Bit

• Total voters

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I can't understand this thread at all?!?!
wtf.gif

I use Moonshell almost EVERY DAY!! Actually, I use Sakura, but it's the same thing, because Sakura is M3 Real's GUI with implemented Moonshell (and improved), and it's coded by Moonilight, the guy that coded Moonshell!

I watch movies a lot on NDS, I have 200-300 (and more) movies encoded in DPG format! I usually connect my NDS to some amplifier when we don't have any music sources because it's good enough! And I've read the whole last Harry Potter book on my NDS with MoonShell, so you have no idea how you're wrong!

Moonshell allowed all of us NDS users to do with our handhelds the same things that PSP can..
I really see no reason to call it overrated, just because you don't use it, doesn't mean that BUNCH of other people uses it!!

darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
I can't understand this thread at all?!?!
wtf.gif

I use Moonshell almost EVERY DAY!! Actually, I use Sakura, but it's the same thing, because Sakura is M3 Real's GUI with implemented Moonshell (and improved), and it's coded by Moonilight, the guy that coded Moonshell!

I watch movies a lot on NDS, I have 200-300 (and more) movies encoded in DPG format! I usually connect my NDS to some amplifier when we don't have any music sources because it's good enough! And I've read the whole last Harry Potter book on my NDS with MoonShell, so you have no idea how you're wrong!

Moonshell allowed all of us NDS users to do with our handhelds the same things that PSP can..
I really see no reason to call it overrated, just because you don't use it, doesn't mean that BUNCH of other people uses it!!

are movies like a few 100 megabits?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
darnoc said:
Nope, few hundreds megabytes, there is difference..
Mine movies usually have 250-400 MB (per movie)..

Is that a problem, it's not like I have them all on my cart
tongue.gif
I have few movies with me at any time, usually 5-10 movies..

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
darnoc said:
Nope, few hundreds megabytes, there is difference..
Mine movies usually have 250-400 MB (per movie)..

Is that a problem, it's not like I have them all on my cart
tongue.gif
I have few movies with me at any time, usually 5-10 movies..

Can you tell me the length of those?

Doesn't sound like that good of an encoding if that's the filesize it gives out for such low resolution video :/.

In the past I've actually had terrible desync issues with it, too.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Law said:
Can you tell me the length of those?

Doesn't sound like that good of an encoding if that's the filesize it gives out for such low resolution video :/.

In the past I've actually had terrible desync issues with it, too.
Movies vary from 1:30h to 2:00h (or a bit more)

They are all highly-quality encoded, and so far, none of them have any sync issues!

I managed to find right balance that fits me, all videos are really good quality (with great picture)..

I also have downloaded Lord of The Rings trilogy..every movie is split in two parts, and one movie has around 700 MB!!

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
darnoc said:
cangri787 said:
I like moonshell so far, why should I carry on me an Ipod and the ds when I can just use the ds to play games and listen to music, thats the way I look at it

music quality is pretty bad and you can listen to music and play your ds
i think u need better headphones. i find the music quality from moonshell to be damn near perfect.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
darnoc said:
cangri787 said:
I like moonshell so far, why should I carry on me an Ipod and the ds when I can just use the ds to play games and listen to music, thats the way I look at it

music quality is pretty bad and you can listen to music and play your ds

i think u need better headphones. i find the music quality from moonshell to be damn near perfect.

Only bad headphones don't let you hear the quality. Nowhere near perfect.

Although you might just might not have heard what is perfect yet, so if Moonshell is the best you've ever heard get yourself a pair of Sennheisers, hit up Winamp with a DFX plugin.

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Jan 7 2009, 09:18 PM)
They are all highly-quality encoded, and so far, none of them have any sync issues!

I managed to find right balance that fits me, all videos are really good quality (with great picture)..

I also have downloaded Lord of The Rings trilogy..every movie is split in two parts, and one movie has around 700 MB!!

Sounds good, I didn't try messing with the encoding options much when I was trying it out, or maybe it was just because it was an incredibly old version of Moonshell from when I first got my R4.

Oh and btw I'm not saying moonshell is overrated, I'm just saying it's far from perfect. It's damn decent at what it does, but it certainly doesn't beat everything else hands down like a lot of people seem to think.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:

Although you might just might not have heard what is perfect yet, so if Moonshell is the best you've ever heard get yourself a pair of Sennheisers, hit up Winamp with a DFX plugin.
well i had an ipod, so no, listening to a ds hasn't been my only source of music...
except for the lack of bass, i find it pretty good..

but i'll check out ur winamp/dfx suggestion.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I did mess with encoding a lot, but newer versions of Moonshell brought DPG upgrades, so BatchDPG had some options for better encoding..

As I said, I managed to balance it out, files aren't too big, but movies are really perfect..

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
Law said:

well i had an ipod, so no, listening to a ds hasn't been my only source of music...

You'll have to Arrr DFX and it takes a bit of tweeking (Pre-set options are okay, though). Really enhances the audio quality of a lot of music though.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
da_head said:
Law said:

You'll have to Arrr DFX and it takes a bit of tweeking (Pre-set options are okay, though). Really enhances the audio quality of a lot of music though.
you have to arr it?
so it's not this? http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/221660

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
Law said:
da_head said:
Law said:

you have to arr it?

It's not the full version.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
da_head said:
Law said:
da_head said:
Law said:

you have to arr it?

It's not the full version.
ahh ok. *goes to find full version*

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The quality is also affected by the encoding used, and MP3 is not that good on quality.
Try playing music straight off the CD, or download a 256 Kbit rate track.

Those headphones you recommend to try out the quality of music will make a huge hole in his wallet.

Get an affordable pair, like maybe some v-moda ones.
(The bass v-modas are affordable and have above average bass)
Or unless you were just stressing how music can get so perfect with the right setup.

Also, a question. Why does moonshell not play my AAC's?

seren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think moonshell is overrated and I can see people actually using it. But let's face it, multimedia playback on the DS is quite pathetic.

Audio quality on the DS doesn't even compare to a decent mp3 player. If you don't care about audio quality and just want to listen to music it's fine. The DS has a small and terrible LCD so video playback is poor also. The DS is a nice portable gaming unit, let's just leave it at that?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the issue is with the speakers not the ability to playback a properly encoded mp3. my vbr mp3s sound the same on my mp3 player, computer (with bose speakers), and on my nds when i output the audio in my car. also i recently took a trip and watched a dpg movie on the plane. if you remaster the source before encoding you can limit the amount of dithering caused by the lossy dpg format. i've been able to get upwards of 22fps in wide screen using a remastered (both video and audio) source. quality is wonderful for my nds, i don't expect a 1080i picture quality and neither should anyone else.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu