Homebrew moonshell help

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have been using that iPod clone to play music(link something? don't remember the name), but I wanna try moonshell.

I just don't know which version to download, I was looking through the download section on this site and I don't know if I should get 2.09 or the 2.10 beta. The lite pack or full pack? and the .exe or... whatever the other one is? Also just cause I wanna make sure, how to install it? The sticky seems very very confusing to me after reading it so...

thanks in advanced.

EDIT: I probably should add that I am useing the acekard 2i(only have a dslite, but I will upgrade to a DSi sometime in the future so lol) with the AKAIO 1.5... help? D:

EDIT2: Okay, I know its in the middle of the night but if it is at all possible I would like this answered within the next 4 hours cause im going on a trip and.. well this lil thing would be nice.

Is it at all possible to get moonshell to show lyrics on the song that is playing (say on the top screen)?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Quick question - Do you plan to (try) & run Commercial ROMS through Moonshell.
If so you'll have to read from this post onwards because the latest versions of Moonshell 2 (2.07 to 2.10) block the 'usual' trick of running ROMS (using either YSMenu or as you have a Acekard, using the AKAIO loader)

Xenon++ has come up with a work around that bypasses this block, but you need to read his posts to see how it's done

If you don't want all the hassle then stick with v2.06 (there's a changelog thread @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=177&t=200282 if you want to know what's been added/is different between versions) and use the nds.akaio.nds 'extlink' file to run ROMS

Secondly, AFAIK Moonshell v2.10 is the same as v2.09 except that the foreign language files have been updated/extended

I would also suggest you download the 'Full pack', as this will also contain small PC programs to add/modify parts of Moonshell - for e.g. if you want to play movies - you'll need the dpg convertor, if you want to create your own skins - you need the skinmaker tool etc etc. These don't come with the 'lite' pack
I'm guessing the Moonshell exe file you've mentioned is really just a self extracting file

As for installing -
Using the Full pack, you just run the setup program - set a couple of options (if required) & it's all copied over for you.
With the 'Lite' pack - you have to extract & copy over the folders/files yourself

FirstDuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
the homebrew u using now should b lmp-ng.

u should download moonshell 2.10, the beta thing is for the language stuff i think, there will be more 2.10 beta coming up to update the variety of language, since u oni nid english u can dl the latest ver from filetrip.

juz copy the moonshell 2 folder and moonshell 2.nds to ur sd card will do

the lite pack and full pack thing rite, the different is tools inside the file, u can get dpg, ipk and etc in the full pack file

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to stick with the lite pack, all I need it to do is play mai music lol

And thanks, I feel like an idiot cause it was really really easy to install... really, it was like everything else(just copy/paste the file/folders over) worked perfectly.

I don't plan to make my own skins... though I defintily will now be off looking to find one that I like. ALso yes lmp-ng was what I -was- useing... really moonshell is awesome so ima just stick with it lol

Thanks agian guys! Very fast responses
biggrin.gif

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump, I have a new question in the first post, but i'll post it here too.

Is it at all possible to have moonshell show the lyrics to a song that it is currently playing? say in the top screen.

FirstDuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well u can save ur lyrics in text form, the music wont stop when u view text on moonshell. so u can sing it along ^^ happy singing

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FirstDuke said:
well u can save ur lyrics in text form, the music wont stop when u view text on moonshell. so u can sing it along ^^ happy singing

huh, Guess this is what i'll have to do then haha thanks guys
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Someone should write up some code or something too allow this, like if you have a txt file in the same folder with the same filename as the song, it'll display it on the top screen automatically. That would be nifty :3... id do it my self but I suck at code haha

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
You could add lyrics to a video/download it of something like youtube. Then use the dpg converter to convert!

Music + Video + Lyrics

QUOTE said:
EDIT: Someone should write up some code or something too allow this, like if you have a txt file in the same folder with the same filename as the song, it'll display it on the top screen automatically. That would be nifty :3... id do it my self but I suck at code haha

That sounds like a great idea, I would do it but all I've managed to do is compile some premade code with cmd. Although you'd need an array of files to make sure the words are in time.

However in Moonshell you can listen to music and open txts at the same time, try that!

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matthew123 said:
You could add lyrics to a video/download it of something like youtube. Then use the dpg converter to convert!

Music + Video + Lyrics

QUOTE said:

That sounds like a great idea, I would do it but all I've managed to do is compile some premade code with cmd. Although you'd need an array of files to make sure the words are in time.

However in Moonshell you can listen to music and open txts at the same time, try that!

Yeah I did try that and it did work, but then you would have to have a lot of text files in the SDcard(which you would anyway if someone did write that code) as well as close the current text you have open and go to the next one when the song changes which, from what I found out, makes the song stop playing for a second when opening/closing the texts.

Now with the code you could like make 'em hidden(so it doesn't clutter the list of songs playing) but moonshell would still open them automatically when the song starts playing(given the texts file name and songs file name were the same). Also, by doing that, you don't have to open/close up the correct text when the song switch's, it'll switch what lyrics are shown by it self...
tongue.gif
just sounds very nifty someone should send an e-mail to the guy who codes moonshell see if he can bother doing this himself haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.