moonshell detects EZ3in1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by baffle-boy, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009

moonshell detects EZ3in1? by baffle-boy at 6:59 AM (625 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i apologize if this is a noob question, but i was curious. when i start up the latest moonshell from my cyclo it goes through the usual error display thing, but i noticed that on the top screen it says "16384 KByte EZ 3in1 Plus Detected" and I do indeed have an EZ3in1 plus.... when it isn't in, it says "extention memory was not found." so my question is, did moonlight put that in just for kicks, or does moonshell actually make use of the extra RAM spplied by the EZ3in1? if so, it just makes videos play more smoothly right? thanks for whatever answers i get!

2. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    It makes use of the extra ram. It makes videos run more smoothly, it basically makes Moonshell faster. It stops most vram errors.

3. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    wow, cool, thanks a lot! ill have to look into how that was coded later! ... if there is the source lying around anywhere...

4. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    Glad to help. Don't quote me on the "It stops most vram errors." part, I may be wrong.