Homebrew Moonshell 2 - skin making help

gamef0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya! I need a few answers to do with moonshell 2.1.
Story-I bought an acekard2 (because of this forum) some time ago and while waiting for it to arrive I worked hard on a custom skin. Then I came across moonshell 2 and fell in love. After further research I discovered how to make it into the main OS (also thanks to this forum). And after yet more research I found out how to make a custom skin for that (at this point I've grown very fond of this forum).
Now the problem: I can't figure out what some of these images in the .skns do.

-First theres the tv bookmarks one. I have no clue as to what that even is.
-MP3 player. I click on "Audio Player" but it tells me theres no files in the folder. I can't find what folder it wants my songs in. Right now I have some in a folder called "Songs"
-"longtap". Where is that used?
-Whats with that very random little bright worm like animation that kind of follows where you touch on the start menu? Is there anyway I can edit that?
-Is there any way to edit the instructional text?
-Any way to edit the Cancel and Apply buttons on the GUI settings? (I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious)

I tend to miss obvious things so please go gently on me if these are all simple things that the basic lower intelligent species would understand.

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-First theres the tv bookmarks one. I have no clue as to what that even is.

Thats for TextView mode. Just open a txt file and you'll see the interface.

-MP3 player. I click on "Audio Player" but it tells me theres no files in the folder. I can't find what folder it wants my songs in. Right now I have some in a folder called "Songs"

I actually don't know the answer to that one
blush.gif
I haven't used Moonshell2 to play music yet, hopefully someone else can answer that one.

-"longtap". Where is that used?

When you click once on something you're supposed to double tap, the longtap icon will appear. If you tap again while that is viasible it will count as a double tap, if you use it on the file list etc it will launch the file. Like double clicking.

-Whats with that very random little bright worm like animation that kind of follows where you touch on the start menu? Is there anyway I can edit that?

Not that I am aware of.

-Is there any way to edit the instructional text?

Not within a skin itself. I think you can edit the language files if you wish to change that.

-Any way to edit the Cancel and Apply buttons on the GUI settings? (I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious)

The colours can be changed in the INI file (easy with DS Skin Maker), the text I presume is also changed in the language files (not messed about with them yet)

Good luck making a skin, hope it works out
smile.gif

env

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey mate, good-luck on making your custom skin.
happy.gif

To answer your questions:

-Tv bookmarks, that's the place where you can view your saved "bookmarks" from any text file.
To view that on moonshell, first try to open any .txt file on the FileList then Press X/Y to save/load bookmarks.

-MP3 player, you cant use the Audio Player interface on moonshell2 without first clicking any Music file.
Audio Player skin is also the .dpg (video) palyer skin.

-Longtap is the some sort of loading? animation on the "Launch/Recent" or the "App Launcher" for you to clear any recent apps you have used. To view that on moonshell just tap and hold the stylus on the program you want to be cleared.

-That random little bright worm is some kind of a alien's hair, and I tend to ignore that occasionally except ..nah (I know I'm not that funny~)
wink2.gif
oh there's no way you can edit that but you can disable viewing that by changing "DisableParticles=0" to "DisableParticles=1" on the colortbl.ini on your source files.

-Instructional text, you can edit that on "message.###" on the language folder, rename message.000 to message.txt to view and edit the portion you want to change, or simply edit that using JP's previewer or DS Skin Maker program.
OR you can disable viewing that again by changing FileList_Top=0 to FileList_Top=1 on the colortbl.ini

-Yes you can change it, mainly the Cancel/Apply icons and colors, look for cmps_Cancel.png and cmps_Ok.png on your source to change it, as for the colors use DS Skin maker ^^

Oh, won't you try to contribute something on this thread
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's an apple but same idea