The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Moonshell 2 project complete
The Moonshell 2 project is now complete with 2.10
Moonshell2.jpg
The Moonshell 2 project is Now complete As Moonlight has released Version 2.10 stable to the public.

Often considered one of the best and most used homebrews for the Nintendo DS, I would like to thank Moonlight on behalf of the DS homebrew community for her amazing work on my favourite homebrew and perhaps one of the most ambitious DS homebrew projects to date.

Using the limited DS hardware Moonshell is capable of playing movies, many music formats, view photos, launch homebrew, and read txt files.

Supported file formats:

QUOTE said:
Music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG, WAV, M4A, AAC, WMA, TTA, MID, RCP, R36, FLAC
MOD formats: MOD, IT, MTM, S3M, XM, 669, MED, STM, AMF, GDM, ULT, UNI, ASY, IMF, OKT, STX
Chiptune formats: SPC, NSF, GBS, HES, AY, SAP, KSS
Playlist formats: M3U, WPL
Picture formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, PSD
Support DPG movie files.
Support text files.

Filetrip Download

Enjoy and thanks to Moonlight and all the contributors for testing and translation

Contributed by wolfmanz51

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the music player of this homebrew, I find it faster to navigate a folder of music using the built-in music player.
I also like the touch controls of the music player, it is better than using the L and R buttons to seek.

Now if only somebody used Moonshell 2 to make a great MS Paint Clone with the bucket, paint brush, pencil, line, square, cycle, and select tools, as well as the ability to save/load .bmp files up to a 1200x1000pix ratio.
Also having the ability to edit colours would be nice as well as a FREAKIN' UNDO BUTTON as the touch screen in DS home brew can be a bit iffy at times.

I have a DSi and I prefer to use Moonshell2 over the stupid built-in music player the DSi has, mainly because you have to convert your music and the last time I converted a good song and tried to play it on the DSi's Sound App it was all grainy and was slowing down my DSi. Why they hell did Nintnedo not use the .MP3 format!?

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sonic32136 said:
Hey wolfdude! We joined on the same day! But yeah a shame moonshell it is by far the greatest homebrew ever created. I knew it was a chick cause of the Neko Skin.
But Moonshell 1.71 & 2 is the best. Jap kids use it. African kids, Indonesian kids use it. If you own a Ds and know about flashcarts. You use it. It's a universal thing and it's amazing. Turned my DS into a multimedia machine!
rolleyes.gif
close but not quite the same im November ur December

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
the last time I converted a good song and tried to play it on the DSi's Sound App it was all grainy and was slowing down my DSi. Why they hell did Nintnedo not use the .MP3 format!?
Must have been something wrong with the converter or with the original song, then, because that shouldn't happen under normal circumstances.

Nitendo didn't use MP3 because MP3's not actually a good format for music nowadays. Newer formats like AAC can achieve similar or better quality at lower bitrates, which directly translates into a lower filesize without degradation in quality.

Also the MP3 format is patent-restricted, and it's a big jumble on who actually owns the patents for which part of the format, but with AAC it's clear-cut, you only need a licence for the codec, so it's safer for Nintendo to use.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never liked this, especially because I thought the interface was horrible and because viewing pictures caused it to freeze often, but her/his(?) work should be appreciated anyway since it obviously was useful for many people.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought moonlight stoped the development of moonshell????
The only thing that is missing from moonshell Imo is a activatable buffer to make certain parts of movies more clear.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This homebrew means more then some commercial games released over the years this is different.
This homebrew can be called a classic if we talk about ds homebrew.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I didn't know Moonlight was female either. Anyway, I would also like to thank her...I use her app just about every day for some reason or another, it's easily one of the best and most useful homebrews for the DS as far as I'm concerned.
smile.gif

Oh yeah, and many thanks for Morning Timer as well...don't have an alarm clock and don't need to buy one because of this app.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We can already find all moonshell version on this filetrip link : http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9730
wink.gif

It's a waste of disk place to have uploaded the zip version.

Moonlight has added 4 files since my last upload yesterday (4 files inside DKPr21).
New 7zip auto-extract file updated on filetrip.

Ps : i doubt moonlight is a woman, but who care.
wink.gif

Thanks for all Moonlight !

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I too didn't know moonlight was a female, as if it matter, but this homebrew is widely used with me in my day to day life. I constantly listen to music on my ds and moonshell has made it great to do so as well as watch movies. I remember the days when moonshell v1 came out and we were all on the lik-sang website talking about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-