Homebrew Moonshell 2 plugins and questions

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im looking for a few things for moonshell firstly i reinstalled moonshell because of a few problems and my old settings are gone i used to be able to have each file repeat itself(not the entire playlist) but idk how to reset it to do that secondly id like to ask how does moonshell implement plugins since there are none that deal with music playback in Moonshl2/extlink also if the current plugins for spc and gbs are implemented via moonshl2\misctools\PluginsText then why does moonshell not play vgm considering that moonshl2\misctools\PluginsText\gme.txt shows information regarding the playback of gbs, vgm, gym, and other unused files?

is it inside the moonshell2.nds file if so is there any way that it could be modified to support other file types?

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately only nsf/gbs/kss/hes/sap/spc are supported.
gym supported is omitted intentionally.

codecs are bundled to overlay.dll. no msp like ms1.

you can still expand ms1, but it is so complicated...

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overlay.dll is located in moonshll2/internal but what are msp and ms1? im just trying to figure this out btw is there a thread or site that might help me to understand how to modify it maybe like a tutorial?

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JordanB500 said:
overlay.dll is located in moonshll2/internal but what are msp and ms1? im just trying to figure this out btw is there a thread or site that might help me to understand how to modify it maybe like a tutorial?
/moonshl/plugin/*.msp

No official distribution of MoonShell1. Use some flashcart bundle or linfoxdomain.

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried modifying the overlay.dll and i managed to add vgm to the list of things that were enabled but when i tested it out moonshell froze there was a message about an overlay manager and btw what does an msp do exactly or more specifically whats its purpose?

Edit: i downloaded the old moonshell and the msp stands for Microsoft patch but the file description says windows installer patch, is there a way to modify overlay.dll so it might include the other file types while not freezing? i dont think using a txt document is a good way also how do u switch skins in moonshell 2?

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JordanB500 said:
msp stands for Microsoft patch but the file description says windows installer patch
sorry, moonshell plugin here. not patch. his extention naming was wrong.

you need to write a program to decode vgm. you seem to be a noob in programming so plz give up

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah of course moonshell that makes more sense and yes im a newb at programming i just think it would be cool if there was a way to implement it i mean im not sure of anything but one of the plugins already used by moonshell supports vgm playback although moonshell doesnt i simply thought it would be easy to modify it to allow vgm playback but i guess not, all i can do is hope its implemented someday btw i still am wondering how to change skins in moonshell and how to get it to repeat individual files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1