Homebrew MoonShell 2.00 Beta X

Zarlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got around to making a backup, of my microSDHC-card, and thus making me dare to install Moonshell 2. (I would have put in Sakura too, but I got the impression that the fatal bug, in Moonshell 2 prior to beta 6, might be in that too...)
To clarify, it's beta 7 (as downloaded from here)

I have a couple of questions, however:
* There's four soft reset-files, but none for M3 Real?
* I always have the mp3-playing, set at random. How do I do that in Moonshell 2? It's easy to do for video playback, but I can't see how to do it for audio.

RupeeClock said:
Has anyone else tried playing NSF files on Moonshell?
Yes, and it seems to only play one (arbitrarily selected?) track.
QUOTEOn 2.0 it treats them as endless! If you try to seek it when it's something like 10 minutes in, it can take a while to seek it, haha.
Usually, NSFs are endless.
It can be nice to have the player treat it as shorter though, but I'm not usually bothered if it doesn't. I'm bothered if I can't let it play endlessly

I have (briefly) tested a few NSF, and I've noticed that some at least, are treated as finished, after a while. Then again, that one wasn't an endless one.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
It's now beta 8.1.
wink.gif

I'm surprised no one else seems to have noticed the update.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
It's now beta 8.1.
wink.gif

I'm surprised no one else seems to have noticed the update.
I'm already in the process of translating and updating the file right now. I'm just trying to grab all of the files that supercarte and Logue have uploaded and am adding them into this release. There are too many versions of MoonShell 2 Beta out and they need to be consolidated.

*EDIT*
The file has been updated with the files from Logue's download package. I didn't add all of the language files because some of them were taken from M3 Sakura, and some of the text strings for the language files aren't the same (which means you'll get "language errors" in MoonShell 2 if you use the Sakura files). Thanks for the massive compilation Logue!
smile.gif

As always, the changelog has also been translated up to 8.1.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ROMEO2? Some kind of slot 2 add-on which provides enhanced audio output?

Anyone else have big issues with moonshell lagging when opening a folder with a large amount of music in, and also when selecting a file to play from the folder?

I've replicated this on 2 cards, andeven reducing the music to around 150 tracks i still get large lag.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding ROMEO2 it is a custom GBA slot/slot2 device:
http://optimize.ath.cx/NDS/romeo2.html

Been out for a while too but this was the first I heard of it, also I guess it is also the first proper use an FPGA (previously hype and low end stuff like save chip emulation/replication were all they were used for) on the DS.
To answer the inevitable question use such a thing could be used to help emulation but I would really not like to be the one doing it.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dragon2100 said:
I created a new topic regarding a Sleep feature I would like to see implemented in moonshell http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141339. I wanted to know if there is a way to reach Moonlight via email or if Densetsu 3000 can suggest this to Moonlight. I searched on moonlight's website but could not find any contact info. thanks in advance.I asked him about it, but I guess he won't respond to me on anything else but the translation. I'm glad that he's even replying at all, so I don't think I'll be relaying any more suggestions to him besides translating or he might stop corresponding with me altogether.

QUOTE(Flaregon @ Mar 20 2009, 06:32 AM) Anyway to get a _DS_MSHL.NDS for the beta ?
Try this.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I want to thank you for your continued work on this project. I very much appreciate it however I do have two questions. At the present time this application will not play .flac files (I know the current release of DS Organize will but that one doesn't go into the powersaving, flashing green light mode when you close the DS unlike how moonshell does.).

So my question is does moonshell support .flac and I'm just an idiot or hasn't such a format been implemented yet? If not could such a format be implemented?

Bluetank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get Moonshell 2 (Beta 8.1) or Morning Timer (v1.2) to detect my Ez Flash 3-in-1 (New3in1 under GBA Exploader, not a plus version which I think is Pls3in1 ). What kind of performance increase does the expansion ram have on Moonshell 2?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]Try this.
[/quote]

Doesn't help at all, as my mars cart just stalls when I try to load it with the media button.
it currently uses 1.7.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
The new moonshell betas work awesome... except that when I'm listening to music in this one folder the order is all weird... I'm not on random and every other folder plays in order, but for some reason the tracks in this folder don't play in order... Track 14, then 15, then 1, then 6, etc. etc. etc. It's Demon Days by Gorillaz, if this helps.

*EDIT* This is also happening with my Reliant K album, too! One thing that might help is that the folders containing these were added after I installed a moonshell beta.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
So my question is does moonshell support .flac and I'm just an idiot or hasn't such a format been implemented yet? If not could such a format be implemented?Moonlight hasn't mentioned .flac in the changelog, so it probably doesn't support that format. I wish I could tell you if it were possible to implement .flac support, but that's not my area of expertise.

Bluetank said:
I still can't get Moonshell 2 (Beta 8.1) or Morning Timer (v1.2) to detect my Ez Flash 3-in-1 (New3in1 under GBA Exploader, not a plus version which I think is Pls3in1 ). What kind of performance increase does the expansion ram have on Moonshell 2?I'm sorry, I don't have a 3-in-1 so I have no way to test it out myself. I do have a GBA Expansion Pack and Moonshell 2 detects it when booting. I've tried using Moonshell 2 with and without the GBA Expansion Pack, and it seems slightly faster with the extra memory, but it's nothing significant.

Flaregon said:
Try this.
Doesn't help at all, as my mars cart just stalls when I try to load it with the media button.
it currently uses 1.7.
The Mars flashcart...isn't that another R4 clone? I couldn't tell you why it would work on an R4 but not on a Mars. Sorry I can't be of more help
frown.gif

@Sloshy (since I can't have more than 3 quotes on a post): I don't have an actual answer for you, but maybe your ID3 tags are different from the filenames of your MP3s?

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've got another problem. b8.1 seems to lag more than b7. Like if I opened up a song on b7 it would load up just fine, but on b8.1 its slower... like very noticeable. That, and I have to pause the song for a second for it to stop laging so much. Can someone else confirm this?

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I think I've found the problem with my playback; my playback was perfectly fine until I upgraded to the CycloDS Evolution Firmware 1.54 for GTA:CW. Before I did that, everything was fine, so that must be the problem. I'm gonan go ahead and report this to Team Cyclops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...