XITRIX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello.
I am playing Tales of Arise from steam through moonlight and the app runs absolutely phenomenon for me.

Now, I need to update to fw 13 and atmosphere 1.1.1 to play diablo 2. Has anybody tested XITRIX's Moonlight on the newest atm and fw13?

Thank you.
Hi, yes, I’m on 13.0 right now, and it works fine

Reactions: cyberman1503

XITRIX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@XITRIX
I have just finished the first version of the Spanish translation and when I can test it I will correct some words.

Thanks for the opportunity!
Thanks for your translation, I’ll add it today into GitHub repo, if you need an nro build, create an issue on github, I’ll attach it there

Reactions: Parzzival

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to play through the entirety of Final Fantasy 4 pixel remaster with hardly any hiccups except a few minor instances of graphical quality going down for a second (probably connection issues on my end). Barely any input lag that I noticed the whole playthrough. Very nice work!

dimmujed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unable to get this to work, keeps saying Streamer could not be started after selecting any game from my list of games.

I have a hunch this is because I'm using the latest NVidia Geforce Experience which is version 3.23.1.8, looks like other versions of Moonlight had to be updated to support this and get the same error.

Last edited by dimmujed,

XITRIX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm unable to get this to work, keeps saying Streamer could not be started after selecting any game from my list of games.

I have a hunch this is because I'm using the latest NVidia Geforce Experience which is version 3.23.1.8, looks like other versions of Moonlight had to be updated to support this and get the same error.
As soon as moonlight core will be updated, I’ll release an updated version of app

XITRIX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Release v0.9 (Download link)

What's new:
  • Favorites tab
  • Spanish localization
  • German localization
Improvements:
  • Reduced audio latency
  • Mouse speed slider added
  • Apps list improvements
  • Hold ESC to open overlay (physical keyboard)
Bugfix:
  • Overlay combo now could be selected without access to touchscreen
  • Guide button finally works

JakedUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on v1.0 of Atmosphere and v10.2.0 firmware and Atmosphere crashes when Moonlight tries to load my games list. Should I update my firmware to the latest version? Are there any cons at this point to moving to v13?

JakedUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on v1.0 of Atmosphere and v10.2.0 firmware. When Moonlight tries to load my games list, Atmosphere crashes. Is this a known issue? Should I update to the latest firmware?

XITRIX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello,

Cannot change Host IP.
After selecting/clicking, the time and load symbol pauses momentarily but nothing else happens.

Thank you.
What versions of HOS and Atm you use? Double checked it right now, keyboard appears without any problem.

I’m on v1.0 of Atmosphere and v10.2.0 firmware. When Moonlight tries to load my games list, Atmosphere crashes. Is this a known issue? Should I update to the latest firmware?
Try to clean your /switch/moonlight folder and re-pair your devices, crash could happen if incorrect encryption key file is there.
I’m using v13.0 and Atm-1.1, but it should work on previous versions of firmware.

Last edited by XITRIX,

iDeclareWar666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

PC came up via automatic refreshing.

I am on SX OS and firmware 11.0.0

There seems to be an issue with latency increasing over time.
Decoding time seems to increase over time, as I play, adding latency to the video but not controller input.
Eventually becomes unplayable, with video on Switch increasingly delayed over time.
Input works perfectly. I can watch PC screen and play but not Switch screen and play due to video decoding lag..
Additionally, the WiFi bars 'blink' from low signal to high signal continuously while using this app.
So you are aware, this all happens on both Moonlight-NX and your release.

Tested in comparison to my Google Pixel 3A phone which does not have this weird quirk.
Sure do wish I could figure out what's going on with video decoding time.

Otherwise, everything is spot on and very useable. Thank you for your contributions.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello,

Decoding time seems to increase over time, as I play, adding latency to the video but not controller input.
Eventually becomes unplayable, with video on Switch increasingly delayed over time.
Input works perfectly. I can watch PC screen and play but not Switch screen and play due to video decoding lag..
Additionally, the WiFi bars 'blink' from low signal to high signal continuously while using this app.

Tested in comparison to my Google Pixel 3A phone which does not have this weird quirk.

Otherwise, everything is spot on and very useable. Thank you for your contributions.
Try overclocking your switch a bit.

JakedUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to clean your /switch/moonlight folder and re-pair your devices, crash could happen if incorrect encryption key file is there.
I’m using v13.0 and Atm-1.1, but it should work on previous versions of firmware.

I went ahead and updated to v12.1.0 and Atmosphere v1.1.1, cleaned out those folders you told me to, and re-paired the device. Still crashes when loading the games list.

XITRIX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello,

It's very strange, I had problems with audio and input (audio fixed already, input delay can be dropped, if not press buttons for couple seconds), but never with video... Yesterday I've played Tales of Arise for 7 hours and no video latency appeared.

tungan91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
hi @XITRIX ,

I got compiled & lib linking successfully last night on L4T Ubuntu since last time I shared with you, using manual complied glfw-3.3

However when I tried to run ./build/moonlight. There is an error about symbol lookup:
Code:
./build/moonlight: undefined symbol: glfwJoystickIsGampad

I've double checked and the meson still found my glfw lib as well as linking without any error. Is there any problem with my linking to glfw? I follow this compiling guide as well as enabled SHARE LIBS option: https://www.glfw.org/docs/latest/compile_guide.html

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, what's Kero Kero bonito?