Hacking Monster hunter tri

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand, Godlike. I believe something must be wrong with my set-up.

I tried using better disks, but to no avail.

Could you post your set-up? The game works fine through USB, and Gator runs the game until the main menu. It seems Gecko doesn't like me. It won't load any games. I doubt it's the laser, since the Wii reads Brawl just fine.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here are the 2 ways how I got it working for myself using the DVD(you need this for online games though...)

Ok, lets go:

First Method Gecko OS 1.9.2

1. Download a copy of Gecko OS 1.9.2.

2. Place the Gecko192 folder which contain boot.elf and meta.xml and icon.png into SD:\apps\

3. Launch Gecko OS from Homebrew Channel

4. Go to Configuration Options

5. Use the following settings:

Game Language: Japanese
Force NTSC: Yes
Force PAL60: No
Force PAL50: No
Gecko Hook Type: Default
Load Debugger: No
SD File Patcher: No
SD Cheats: No
Gecko Pause Start: No
Bubbles On: No

Then Press B to return to menu

6. Now Press Launch Game and it should be working fine, if it is not working, use Second Method.

2nd Method Softchip R99

1. Download a copy of SoftChip R99

2. Place the Softchip folder which contains the boot.dol and meta.xml and icon.png into SD:\apps\

3. Launch the Softchip from Homebrew Channel

4. Use the following settings:

Game’s Language: Japanese
Patch Country Strings: Disabled
Set Video Mode using: Disc Region(default)
Autoboot: Disabled
Silent: Disabled
Logging: Disabled
Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
Load Requested IOS: Enabled

5. The game should work now. If the game is working then you´re fine and should head out for some monsters xD.

If the game is not working and the video hangs, your IOS55 might have problems with the game.

6. Google for cIOS55BugFix WAD. Download it and place it at SD:\wad folder.

7. Now go to Homebrew Channel and open up Wad Manager, follow the on screen instruction to install cIOS55BugFix.wad.

8. After installing it, go back to Softchip R99 and use the above settings to start the game.

Now the one or the other method should work. Keep in mind that the Softchip version wont let you change your chars name, Gecko would.

Try it.

For the USB Loader, just do what the video says here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZosgV5OcZi8

EDIT: Make sure to read the stuff in the more info on youtube.

Cytin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i go to install Hermes cIOS it ask what ios you want to install i pick 55 because i was told that it works with monster hunter tri i then select the cios i want to use i pick 223 then tell it to merge 36 to 37. at that point it connects to internet when it gets to file 1/15 it tells me that sd is ok then it comes up with HASH BAD then goes back to hombrew channel. i have a 3.3U system updated to hacked 4.0U firm ware. Is there soemthing im missing?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it makes sometimes problems.

Better try Configurable USB Loader v40 with cIOS 223 37/ 36 merged, make sure to set 223 mload in the usb loader settings.

But when you want to try the preloader system hacks for regionfree playing it will load just fine from the disc channel.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This Game runs fine for me on my PAL 4.1E with Wiikey v1

Just applied the the English patch to it and burnt at MAX. I tried patching with genericwiipatcher so it would boot straight from the Disc Channel but it gives black screen but Gecko OS works. I just re applied an un patched main.dol to see if that works havnt tested yet though...

jpfn19

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have got a problem.
I'm using gecko 1.9.2 with Force NTSC. The Game starts and i can play it well. The problem is that the screen is always red, everything in the game is red lool

I'm a pal user, what could be the problem? Could be from the TV?

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just forcePAL 60 that works usually. NTSC is only supportd for NTSC tv's and newer flat screen's in the EU
tongue.gif

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Umm are you using an old TV? Try PAL 50 if that doesnt work try using the generic wii patcher 1.2 and patch it from NTSC to PAL.

Also have you got the preloader hack Force disc region enabled if so disable it. I remember that made the game black and white and i also heard that if you used an old tv it caused the game go RED.

jpfn19

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattjd said:
Umm are you using an old TV? Try PAL 50 if that doesnt work try using the generic wii patcher 1.2 and patch it from NTSC to PAL.

Also have you got the preloader hack Force disc region enabled if so disable it. I remember that made the game black and white and i also heard that if you used an old tv it caused the game go RED.

I don't have preloader installed. The Tv is not old but it sucks a little bit
tongue.gif

Ok thanks, I will try it.

mistajase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it running off DVD but i had loads of trouble at first, I have a softmodded PAL 3.2 wii.
neogamma r7 (rev14) and gecko wouldn't run the dvd so after poking around forums on the net I found the solution!

Install 'softchip r99' ( its a backup luncher which lets you choose which ios to run a game with)
make sure u have ios55 AND bugfix55 (IMPORTANT: the game doesnt work without the fix)

Now the game works fine!

I also used wiiFri to convert the MH3 iso image from ntsc_j to pal and left the other settings as default.
my softchip setting are :
ISO 55
Game's Language: auto
Patch Country Strings: Enabled
Video Mode: Disk region Default
Autoboot: Disabled
Silent: Disabled
Logging: Disabled
Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
Load Requested IOS: Enabled

I hope this help some people, but if I was you I'd wait till the English language version comes out otherwise its difficult to follow the story and understand game quests/hints ect... even with the newer semi-English version (which I'm using!).

oh....and I can change my characters name:P

qrawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey actually i can play the game with ios249 ... dunno why ... but do i need a special controller? coz when im trying to get in the menu there pops up sth in japanese.. i can press sth but it will go back to my the screen where i have to press A

grisser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I did everything found on these forums and the net.

Installed all the required IOS', CIOS', set all the setting right with USB Loader GX, but I'm getting the long drawnout beep after starting new game error
frown.gif

I'm on 4.0U. Is that the problem? Do i need to downgrade to 3.2? (man that sounds scary)

Someone on youtube put up a tutorial for 4.1E... do I need to update to 4.1? If so how do I do that safely?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grisser said:
I swear I did everything found on these forums and the net.

Installed all the required IOS', CIOS', set all the setting right with USB Loader GX, but I'm getting the long drawnout beep after starting new game error
frown.gif

I'm on 4.0U. Is that the problem? Do i need to downgrade to 3.2? (man that sounds scary)

Someone on youtube put up a tutorial for 4.1E... do I need to update to 4.1? If so how do I do that safely?
you do not need to go to 4.1. 4.1 update is for wii sports resort bug fix only. have you tried everything stated from this old thread? i load this game using cios222rev4 and uLoader with no issues. set the game language to Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@